GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

going to look sweet..... post some nice shots....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I will post step by step pics of the actual build itself, it wont be till next march got to get out of Korea first but I will go into details on the builds I will be doing on the SS

2005 Silverado SS
    Color matched AEM CAI,Magnaflow mufflers,cat delete,true dual 2.75" stainless mandrel bent exhaust,Circle D 300K stall,Transgo shift kit,Corvette servos,Detroit Tru-trac,SLP 160* T-stat,Taylor 10.4mm red wires,Comp cams 228R,903 springs,12" cross drilled and slotted rotors,WHEATLEY tuned!!!! Boss 313 22X9.5,Toyo proxes II 305/45/22,

Cant wait to see pics of the truck

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

Silveradotrailblazer, I already blew up the tranny. It should be bullet proof now after upgrading the clutch housing, shift kit, higher stall converter, and other internal mods, as well as a bigger Mag-Hytec pan. My builder completly guarantees it for a year. It is stronger than a 4L65E Tranny, he said? I do have too much power and torque. You are correct, one thing leads to another in a never ending quest for power and reliability.
    Bill M. Blown 2003 Tahoe Z71

Quote Originally Posted by BillM View Post
    Silveradotrailblazer, I already blew up the tranny. It should be bullet proof now after upgrading the clutch housing, shift kit, higher stall converter, and other internal mods, as well as a bigger Mag-Hytec pan. My builder completly guarantees it for a year. It is stronger than a 4L65E Tranny, he said? I do have too much power and torque. You are correct, one thing leads to another in a never ending quest for power and reliability.

I think my next is gonna be a 4l80E flt stage 5 tranny, if I break that think idk where to go then lol

2005 Silverado SS
    Color matched AEM CAI,Magnaflow mufflers,cat delete,true dual 2.75" stainless mandrel bent exhaust,Circle D 300K stall,Transgo shift kit,Corvette servos,Detroit Tru-trac,SLP 160* T-stat,Taylor 10.4mm red wires,Comp cams 228R,903 springs,12" cross drilled and slotted rotors,WHEATLEY tuned!!!! Boss 313 22X9.5,Toyo proxes II 305/45/22,

Adam, notice you show block delete for rear. i have the standard z85 suspension, on a 2006 ext cab and was thinking of removing the 1 1/2" blocks to hopefully level it outor at least remove most of the rake...but not sure what result will be. I want to leave the front alone. Any insight on effect of removing rear blocks? thanks.

In most cases when you remove the blocks you will need to get shorter U-bolts since there aren't enough threads on the stock bolts. To lower the rear you can either do drop shackles or remove the blocks and that should get you pretty close to level.
    Adam

That thing should handle like it is on rails. I also am of the lift not lower club. But to each his own. I can appreciate a bada$$ truck either way.

you could either put your blocks on top of your leaf springs after you remove them, to save some money. or go and get 2wd U-bolts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12