GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thumbs up alternative upgrade headlights/foglights to silverstar ultras

Finally gave up on silverstar ultras...burn out too fast and its too much work to keep changing them. Tried solux upgrade bulbs instead. Installed them for low-beam, high-beam and fog lights and really like them a lot. They claim same life hours as OEM standards and 2x-4x longer than the ss ultras. Definitely brighter and daylight color. High-beams are unbelievably awesome.
    First Time Caller, Long Time Listener, Great Topic...Love The Show
    :lol:

Let us know how they work out, these could be a good alternative to people who don't want/ need HIDs.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Will do - I've never been a guy to MacGyver OEM engineering too much...always seems to backfire on me. I liked these because its a simple upgrade. I drove in the country a lot at night this weekend and again, I'm super happy with the solux color and brightness. I can see like crazy yet I've never been flashed by oncoming traffic yet. Good stuff.

you should post some pics of the lights
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Thumbs up

I will try to stop sometime at night and snap a pic. I'm not sure if it will do it justice though because they're not the white/blue color, they're just more bold or brilliant than standard bulbs. They're not those tuner bulbs that are more for impressing other people than they are for better lighting. The road really does look the color it looks in daylight...hard to explain but really the best explanation. At any rate, I drove a lot of country nighttime driving this past weekend again (play in a band) and really like the improvement.