GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Fuel Treatment Sea Foam (Injector Cleaner)

I'm typically skeptical of additives, they promise the world but often don't deliver anything but a lighter wallet.

Until now. I recently decided to try a product with the name of "Sea Foam". I don't know what they put into the stuff but when you open it, it has a strong odor similar to Acetone or something like that. I dumped it into my full tank and by the time the next fill up happened I noticed a lot more pep. Guys at work had told me about this and having all the fuel problems I have had, decided to try it.

I think it's a good product and lives up to the claims they make on the bottle.

They have a new spray can with a long tube. for cleaning the intake manifold. Theres a video on there website.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

i was looking at getting the same stuff is it worth the buy

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

I think it is worth buying, I used it (not the spray) for my bronco through a vacuum line to clean up the top end and I felt a good difference in the way it ran and acceleration, so I would recommend trying it
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

sea foam is a fuel treatment, oil treatment and intake cleaner. we sell it alot at the parts store i work at. good ****. if you slowly pour it in your brake booster hose while its running you see white smoke come out the exhaust from it cleaning your vacuum system. but even tho it says you can put it into your oil idk why anyone would sounds like it could cause more problems than it would solve there.
    Chase

07 Chevy Silverado 4.8 Crew Cab 5 3/4 box
    readylift 2.25 level kit
    Magnaflow dual exhaust
    K&N Air filter
    Linex Bedliner

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sierra View Post
    I'm typically skeptical of additives, they promise the world but often don't deliver anything but a lighter wallet.

Until now. I recently decided to try a product with the name of "Sea Foam". I don't know what they put into the stuff but when you open it, it has a strong odor similar to Acetone or something like that. I dumped it into my full tank and by the time the next fill up happened I noticed a lot more pep. Guys at work had told me about this and having all the fuel problems I have had, decided to try it.

I think it's a good product and lives up to the claims they make on the bottle.
    That stuff works - a miracle in a can. I have used it to clear up intermittent SES lights. Use it in the summer months where the billowing clouds of smoke from your engine will also will keep the mosquitoes away LOL.