GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

I use mine all the time, it's open right now. But, to be far, I use it as a work truck. It (like it's owner) doesn't work hard. If I need something that is longer than the bed (and I don't want to drop the mid-gate), I'll take out the window and tie the object to the top of the bed with part of it in the window. Sometimes the gate gets dropped if I want to keep the item out of sight, or if it's raining. A few times, the panels and window have been removed and the gate dropped and we use the entire rear.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

I have driven with the window out once since I bought it in November.
    Never needed to put the mid-gate down yet, but probably will soon as one of my next household projects is replacing/adding some Sheetrock....gotta get it home somehow! lol
    2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Z66 WBH, AVS smoked rain guards, AVS smoked bug shield, Bose 6-disk CD changer, Bully Fire Strip w/ Sequential turn, 6 on-high, amber DRLs, tinted euro tails, Pace Setter Performance Dual Exhaust, K&N CAI, GlowShift gauges in dual pillar pod.

Quote Originally Posted by ARMYtango View Post
    is replacing/adding some Sheetrock....gotta get it home somehow! lol
    If it's a nice day, just drop the tailgate, the sheetrock will fit just fine.

BUT.................the nice thing about these trucks, if it's raining and you've gotta have the sheetrock, drop the mid-gate and the sheetrock will go inside and the tailgate can be closed. Nothing gets wet......................A great idea.

Ive hauled 16ft trim boards, gutters, and decking boards from on the dash all the way out the tailgate with my Escalade ext. I plow with it and even have hauled 2 cord of firewood with it.lol Hey by the way I would like to sell it anyone interested??

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Why would you want to sell Such a good WORK truck????? I Love going to Lowes or HD and putting something LONG in the Avalanche and SHUTTING the tail gate..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Why would you want to sell Such a good WORK truck????? I Love going to Lowes or HD and putting something LONG in the Avalanche and SHUTTING the tail gate..
    I know I love going to Lowes and shoving that long board in the back and get the looks of people walking buy and get the double take of "What is that" and all I can do is laugh to myself saying "YES IT IS A CADILLAC WITH A PLOW ON IT". I dont want to sell it but its killing me to maintain. Ive put so much into this thing its not even funny. And I only plow my driveway with it so its not like its abused in that way. But NY winter salt def. takes its toll on it. I will save the rant of its issues for another thread.lol

Legend

Got Bored of the topper and wanted to do some nice Fall driving this year with the rear window out....... SO.......Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo-0282.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	43794Off she goes on to the deck

Which means I have more room to do this...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	movetoupstateload.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	43795 Gotta love the Av....

I have mine off currently, saw a slight mpg increase

I open mine up all the time for my dog. She loves being able to lay in the back then walk up to the front and give me a big kiss. haha

They keep saying the right person will come. I think mine is my truck.

"No offense" means "I'm about to insult you,but don't get mad."

Legend

I am working with a Co now on a screen that will go where the rear window is when it is out so you can still get the air in without Bugs or anything else getting in.. More details and pics to come soon.....