GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Why doesn't my remote start work?

I have an '07 Silverado VortecMax. The keyless entry remote has an option for remote start but it doesn't work. I went into the settings on my dash and made sure the function was "on." Not sure why it's not working. Anyone else encounter this? Is there a simple fix?

I would be happy to look into this for you. In order to do further research, I will need the VIN for the vehicle. Feel free to contact me via private message as well. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Quote Originally Posted by arinmybackpocket View Post
    I have an '07 Silverado VortecMax. The keyless entry remote has an option for remote start but it doesn't work. I went into the settings on my dash and made sure the function was "on." Not sure why it's not working. Anyone else encounter this? Is there a simple fix?
    Have you had to change the truck battery by chance or had to disconnect it? I have an aftermarket Remote start, however, the last time my battery died I had to reprogram the remote start function.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

If this is this a factory remote start, are you pressing the the door lock button before pressing the start button ?
    2007 Silver Birch Metallic Sierra Classic SLE Crew Cab Z71
    Line-X bed liner
    Putco box rails
    Truxedo Lo Pro QT box cover
    Cloud-Rider grill inserts