Out of nowhere my truck will not start

Here is the list of events that got me to where I am today.

1. Since I park in my garage I leave my keys in the ignition. I do this because I'm bad with them and by leaving them in there I always know where they are. I've noticed since I have had the truck that if you try to lock the door with the key in the ignition it automatically unlocks the door to keep you from locking your keys in the car. Well yesterday I went to get in and the doors were locked got my other set and it didn't start on the first try, did nothing, no sounds but all the electronics came on. Third try it fired up no problem so I drove off.

2. Spent the day at my destination and had to take a few trips and run some errands each time having the will not start until the third try. Went to leave and now it will not start at all.

3. Did some research and found this is most likely due to a faulty ignition switch which I replaced today and still not starting. Tried a fresh battery, same result. Checked all the grounds, fuses and relays pertaining to ignition or starter same result and when I was trying to turn the wheels so I could have a better peek inside at the starter I noticed I can turn the wheel freely without having the key turned so I have no steering wheel lock anymore and I do not have to apply the brake to shift from park

I'm thinking it is something to do with the ignition system itself but I am no expert on cars so any advice would be appreciated.