GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2000 4.8 silverado intermitent miss at start up stops if its shut off and restarted

i have a 2000 silverado with 9700 miles on it thats correct 9700 miles 4.8 auto a few weeks ago went to store came out started truck bad miss like a plug wire was off then shut it off restarted it and it was perfect then a few days ago same thing and today same thing when it is restarted its smooth any suguestions where to look or start im stumped all stock original everything like i said 9700 miles on it i got it with 8400 miles on it last thanksgiving from my friend it just sat around his yard for ten years

Quote Originally Posted by bronx boy View Post
    i have a 2000 silverado with 9700 miles on it thats correct 9700 miles 4.8 auto a few weeks ago went to store came out started truck bad miss like a plug wire was off then shut it off restarted it and it was perfect then a few days ago same thing and today same thing when it is restarted its smooth any suguestions where to look or start im stumped all stock original everything like i said 9700 miles on it i got it with 8400 miles on it last thanksgiving from my friend it just sat around his yard for ten years
    I would have the Trucks Computer Scan, just to be sure no Trouble Codes are Stored.....if no Codes you could look at the Following,

.....Check the Fuel Pressure
    .....A Set of Plugs and Wires....for Plugs A/C Delco Iridium Tip Spark Plugs, for Wires either Factory/OEM(A/C Delco) or Aftermarket Wires
    .....Cleaning of the MAF Sensor.....and used only!!....CRC MAF Cleaner(Pictured Below)
    ....Cleaning of the Throttle Body and Injectors
    ....New Air and Fuel Filter's...If needed

CRC MAF Cleaner

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

being that its intermitant like this im leaning toward electrical its bad / then good if it were fuel i would think it would be bad all the time