GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Ask GM Service - To be or Not to be Technical

So,

I see that there is a sticky that "ASk GM Service" is not for technical issues, yet I see them in the technical forums posting and offering help.

If they cant help in these areas effectively they are doing a great disservice to the members here by offering help.

I can see where its going to frustrate folks more than help.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

I can understand your frustrations. As all major companies or corporations, we have standard operating procedures. GM does handle their customers individually, not all situations are the same, so they must be handled on a case by case basis. I am here to help make GM aware of your situations. While we are not able to provide technical assistance, we are able to help in terms of customer assistance. This would include interacting with the customer in hopes that we can reach some kind of resolution together. We are able to get them in touch with Customer Assistance as well as work with the dealerships in regards to issue. We are also able to look into information by VIN such as recalls, warranty, and build specifications. I am also able to look up bulletin information, while we are limited to what we can provide to the customer in regards to bulletins, I can share that information with the dealership to help get an issue resolved. In some cases, we are able to address technical concerns, but this is on a more case by case basis with various things including locating a part on the vehicle. As we are not mechanics ourselves, we try to avoid telling someone how to fix their vehicle. Often times it is necessary for us to gather more information before we are able to determine if it is a case where we can assist or not. I hope this helps. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.