GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    Looks really good, nice job on the mirror caps, I'm planning on the same thing for mine. And the rims look good but it needs lowered!!
    I think the painted mirror caps would definitely suit the style of your truck. They look more elegant & sporty. I have thought about lowering it, but I live in Alberta, Canada... so having 4WD and as much ground clearance as possible is a major benefit in the winter, so it won't be lowered. I think when the time comes to put new tires on the 20's, I will probably get a levelling kit for the front.

As for the grille, I'm not really sure. I've though about billet for the price, but I think a nice chrome mesh grille would be more my style... if they weren't so expensive. I would also like to either paint the bumper cap or get an SS bumper, but spray cans don't play well with painting large parts and SS bumpers = $$$. Either way, the grille and bumper aren't quite at the top of the priority list right now.

And I like my signature the way it is... it reminds me of that truck and the memories with it every time I come on GMTC. When I get around to photoshopping a new one or having someone else do it, the sig will be changed.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

how was the stock Bose audio? i have that in my truck and I love it. no plans on changing it. corse i am going from the base LS audio in the 03 to the Bose in the 05.

even with the volume maxed out the stereo in my truck sounds great. pumps base with no rattle.

wondering if the difference in years made a difference.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    how was the stock Bose audio? i have that in my truck and I love it. no plans on changing it. corse i am going from the base LS audio in the 03 to the Bose in the 05.

even with the volume maxed out the stereo in my truck sounds great. pumps base with no rattle.

wondering if the difference in years made a difference.

Alex
    The stock Bose was OK, but not up to the quality I like. My last truck had all aftermarket speakers, a pioneer head unit with bluetooth & iPod connection, and a 12" subwoofer in the center console. The Bose has bass, and it does not rattle, but that bass is just boomy. A good system like I prefer has bass, treble, and mids all being crisp, clear and not distorted. A good sub will be able to produce crisp bass instead of just making booming noises like the bose sub. Also, the bose speakers have paper cones, so they aren't very clear or high quality. My last truck was just the base 4 speaker system with a cassette originally, so I've learned the difference in systems since that. When money allows, I will be replacing the back 2 speakers, putting a Nav unit in, and finding somewhere to install a couple of subs. At that point, I will probably remove or bypass the whole bose system because you lose front-rear fade control when you pull the head unit. I also find the bose limiting with my new speakers because they are great speakers but bose filters the frequencies that are sent to them, so they aren't used to their full potential.

I'm not quite satisfied with the Bose system, but as long as you like yours that's all that really matters. Everyone's taste in sound is different.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I gotta say After over 20 years of being in the 12 volt field.. And always haveing Outrageous systems in my trucks. ( My last truck had a Full 5.1 DTS) I have the Bose in my 08 and I like it.. Sure the Bass is not what I am used to but at 43 (TODAY) It will do......
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

fair enough pmf608.

audio isnt something I have any desire to mess with. Ive got a good sounding system, and a 6 disk changer.

far as im concerned its perfect as is.

Ive always been a fan of the ain't broke, don't fix it school of thought.

Alex

Well, I did this a few days ago but here is mod #7. I got tired of looking at the red 3rd brake light with the white spots where the clear coat on the plastic was peeling so I bought a can of VHT niteshades and tinted it. It's far from perfect - the area that the clear coat had peeled from has a bit of cracking in the niteshades but you have to be looking really close to notice it. Overall, it is MUCH nicer to look at than it was before so I'm happy

Now I have to do the tail lights to match. They should turn out better once I have time to do them because they are in good shape with no peeling

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Just so you know IPCW does make a 3rd brake light for the Avalanche.....

I will probably get an LED 3rd brake light at some point, but for the price of a can of niteshades, im pretty happy with the tinting.

Now for mod #8: I got an Avalanche tent. I headed out camping this weekend and it worked really well. I got it from a friend of the family - it's been used, but only a couple of times. It came with the GM air mattress and everything.

Jr. Apprentice

Good lookin' truck man, keep it up!

id be half interested in a avalanche just to be able to camp like that.

Alex

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by