GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 Last Post byLast Post by
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tent2side.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	30314Camping in a Av is a ton of fun and in the 8+ft bed...Lots of room..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	avcamping.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	30313
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tent2side.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	30314Camping in a Av is a ton of fun and in the 8+ft bed...Lots of room..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	avcamping.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	30313
    That's for sure! Even the GM tent itself is designed to be really spacious. When I went out camping and actually used the tent, I was in a place where there are bears around so I kept the midgate up and the food in the truck - I don't want bears in my tent. Even with the midgate up and the front of the tent zipped up there's lots of room back there.

Or there's the snugtop like enkei has. Then you can have your midgate down and the food in the truck in bear country because everything is solid. That's what I really like about the avalanche - there's snugtops, tents, and all sorts of accessories and the truck itself can do everything.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

New Mods!

Mod #9: 6-On-High mod. I used the diode method from the avalanche forums to keep my low beams and fog lights on with my high beams. I noticed somebody has now put that method as a how-to on this sight, and I like it.

Mod #10: GMTC Decal

Now that my decal made its way up here to the great white north, I got it put on my truck:
    Last edited by pmf608; 11-12-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Nice work so far!

There is an avalanche club up here in ohio, but most of them are lifted and they look pretty sweet! Keep us posted on mods to come.

Mod #11: Kenwood DNX7180 Navigation radio. I wanted the Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT, but it was backordered when my mom ordered it for christmas so I got this instead. I love this Kenwood unit and now that I have it, I wouldn't have it any other way. I got my iPod connection and bluetooth back with this like I had in the silverado, and lots of other cool stuff too.

Mod #12: Hardwired radar detector, round 2... I used an old telephone cable I had laying around to make a new hardwire harness for my new Beltronics RX65 detector. I finally got tired of the constant laser falses every time I hit the gas with my old detector. This one is better anyway.
    Last edited by pmf608; 01-05-2012 at 02:17 AM.

You have great ideas, great to see your actually using your truck. Keep up the great job & posts!
    Everyday I wake up is a great day! ;-)
    05' Chevy Suburban, 11' Ford Fiesta

The double din looks pretty damn good in there, but I see a Spitfire in the background that needs some love lol
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeSilver02 View Post
    The double din looks pretty damn good in there, but I see a Spitfire in the background that needs some love lol
    winter is avalanche season. it's a bit cold here to be giving the spitfire much love. And with my quad in front of it, there isn't actually room to open the hood without opening the garage door and backing the car up a bit. Work will continue on the car in the spring when the weather and the budget allow. Until then, I'm thinking inexpensive mods on the Avy are in order
    Last edited by pmf608; 01-09-2012 at 02:53 AM.

Mod #13: Backup Camera - Since the backup camera that came with my Kenwood nav unit wasn't a style that would work with the avalanche, I bought just a standard, round, flush-mount camera for $40 including shipping on eBay. I mounted it into the tailgate handle bezel on the Avalanche and ran the wires through the tailgate, along the factory wiring under the truck and through the firewall to the radio. All of it is in split loom tubing to look factory, and I used a 4-wire plug for a trailer behind the bumper so the tailgate can still be easily removed. All in all, this turned out very well and I'm very happy with it, but I might have to replace the camera since the glass lens somehow got cracked.

The next mod I'm planning is to paint that big plastic bezel once the weather warms up... while I'm at it I'll be redoing the mirror caps & bowtie since the clearcoat got messed up on them.

Nice work, looks like it belongs there.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 Last Post byLast Post by