GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by ahm1127 View Post
    Nice work, looks like it belongs there.
    Thanks. Thats where the new ones have the camera so I decided to go with the stock look by putting it there.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Nice job......
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I like, very clean.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Master Mechanic TritonBoulder47's Avatar

Looking good bro!!! Loving all the mods... I just updated my truck's thread... (I know, I've been away for a while... sorry... lol)

Tim a.k.a. Da' Boulder

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71 - Custom Emergency Response POV

Firefighter, Fire Policeman, Ambulance Driver, Rescue Tech, Emergency Lighting Installer

Tint, 20's, Bull Bar, Intake, Exhaust, Billet Grill, Stereo, Custom Console, Emergency Equipment, and the list goes on...

Mod #14: Tekonsha P3 trailer brake controller. I picked this up on eBay for a very reasonable price compared to local prices. I also bought the GM harness for it, so it just plugged right in. I mounted it to the bottom part of the dash panel so that if I want to sell the Avalanche at any point, I can pull it out and the holes will be facing downward and not noticeable. I also used the quick-connect clip-in bracket it came with so that I can install another of the same brackets in my F350 along with the universal harness it came with. That way I will be able to have the controller in whichever truck I need it in.

Mod #15: LED puddle lights. I bought some nice LED festoon bulbs for the puddle lights in the bottom of my mirrors on eBay, and they got here today. Install only took a few minutes and I like them much better. I also bought some LED strip lights that I will be installing under the doors above the running boards once they arrive.

Nice start to your thread and your mods. I'll be curious to see how everything turns out. I'm going to miss seeing new Avalanches getting tricked out. But I guess that'll just turn into old Avalanches being maintained and customized.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy09LTZCrew View Post
    Nice start to your thread and your mods. I'll be curious to see how everything turns out. I'm going to miss seeing new Avalanches getting tricked out. But I guess that'll just turn into old Avalanches being maintained and customized.
    Thanks. Progress is a bit slow on a student budget, but I like my avalanche and I'm making it mine one step at a time. It's too bad that it is being discontinued though... I guess if I ever sell this one, I'll just have to get another previously-loved one.

Mod #16: LED running board lights. I mounted a 2 meter LED strip down each side of the body of the truck, above the running board. I ran the wiring to the wiring for the factory puddle light in the driver's door, all wrapped in split loom tubing to be discrete and professional looking. The running board lights come on with the factory puddle lights and put out a lot more light than I expected them to. They're a bit flashy, but a lot more functional than the factory puddle lights on their own, so I like them.

LED DRLs and reverse lights will be coming soon so that they match the outside courtesy lighting, since they come on with the puddle lights when its dark out.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Look'in sweet.. Need my shades on just to look. Do the lights on the running boards blink with the Turn signal?

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Look'in sweet.. Need my shades on just to look. Do the lights on the running boards blink with the Turn signal?
    I think turn signals are required by law to be either amber or red for rear markers ... and amber for front or side markers in most states -- specifically to avoid the potential for confusion with LEO/EMS vehicles. I'd be surprised if he is blinking these, as a result.

@pmf608, can we see shots of what the LED strips on the running boards look like during the day when they are off? How about the puddle lights in the daytime?
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 05-09-2012 at 07:19 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 Last Post byLast Post by