GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Look'in sweet.. Need my shades on just to look. Do the lights on the running boards blink with the Turn signal?
    Nope, no blinking. They only come on with the puddle lights. I might do up some little control boxes in the future that would take inputs from the door triggers so that they can come on when a door is open too, but for now I'm happy with just having them come on with the puddle lights.

And SurrealOne, I'll take some daytime pictures later today.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Alright, here are the daytime pictures. First, the LED strips against the body of the truck, looking at the from below:

Next, Looking at the truck from a distance with the LED strips on it. In reality, you can see the little white dots from the actual LEDs from a distance, but they are close enough together that it looks like one continuous line, and from standing height it looks like it is just the seam between the body and the running boards. You can't see the brown background from standing height.

Finally, the factory puddle lights in the bottom of the mirrors.

Good start what is up with your avatar.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVINTHESTORM View Post
    Good start what is up with your avatar.
    Thanks.

My avatar pokes fun at the 7.5L beast of a Ford I use for work.

Mod #16 & 17: LED reverse lights and Daytime Running Lights. I've had these done for a while but apparently haven't actually posted them in my mod thread. So anyway, here they are. They come one with the puddle lights when I unlock the truck at night so now all of my entry lighting is LED and matches.

Mod # 18: I got my switch panel in my overhead console fixed by repairing the ground connection. Now its done and everything is working. The only thing left to do is run the wiring for the accessories to the switches and hook stuff up.

The lighting is tied into the dash light circuit, so it comes on when the dash lights are on. The power is pulled from the constant power for the homelink and map lights, and will only be used to trigger relays that will power the accessories so nothing is overloaded.

I used the method used on this site for creating custom gauge faces to design the custom panel. I mounted that layer onto a layer of acrylic plastic and used epoxy & JB weld to mount everything to the inside of the console.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Now that looks Swet and Bright.. Good job..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

looks really nice dude!

id love to do something similar to that in my truck, but me and wiring dont get along to well.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    looks really nice dude!

id love to do something similar to that in my truck, but me and wiring dont get along to well.

Alex
    That would suck for me. I like finding ways to wire things up. My next projects will be the relay box to control everything that the switches will operate, and installing LED underdash lighting. The kit I have is from IKEA... I just cut out the 120V plug and the 120V to 12V converter box. I'll wire it up and have one strip for each side of the dash and one for under each front seat so all 4 spots will have lighting. And its color selectable too...

And once my relay box is done, I'll also be adding one of those nice LED off road lights behind my grille. I got it for free and its really bright. I can't think of the brand off the top of my head, but that'll come up once I get to installing it. I have already custom built a bracket... now I just need to complete the wiring so I can put it in.

Looks good, I like the Bose!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456