GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default New rims 18 x 9 Ultra Wheels

Hello! I found some rims that I would love to install on my nnbs silverado! I will hopefully be installing a ReadyLift 2.25 Leveling Kit on my truck soon! So I was wondering, would these Ultra Wheels fit on my Silverado, along with some (or close to) 33" tires. The rim specs are 18 x 9, with a backspacing of 5.00 " and an offset of 00mm. Would this rim fit along with those (or close to) 33" tires? And also, it talked about a tire pressure sensor that I may need (?) My Silverado is a W/T model so would it have it? Any help would be appreciated!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ultra_badlands_pol_ci3_l.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	28414
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0337.jpg 
Views:	485 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	28415

Link included :

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...ll&sort=BrandR

Hey man with the backspacing and offset and 18x9 rims you shouldn't have any problem running a 33 12.50 or 32 12.50 with no problem with the readlift 2.25 inch leveling kit. I had the same readylift leveling kit on my nnbs with 33 13.50 cooper stt's but had some rubbing and had to cut some of the front fender liner the plastic and it was find but i would recommend a 32 12.50 or 33 12.50 to be honest. I think this setup would be good and look good also idk i believe your truck has tire sensor's when you buy the truck just like mine but you can get the sensor's reprogrammed for bigger tire spec's than stock. I never had a problem with psi in tires being i run my 33's around 36psi and have never reprogrammed them. I hope this helps and if you need anymore info let me know bud.

2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab Lt Z71 5.3 V8
    7.5 Inch Rough Country Suspension Lift
    RBP Replica Grille Black w Chrome Rivets
    Recon Smoked Cab Roof Lights
    N-Fab Powdercoated Gloss black Cab Length Nerf Steps
    5% Tint over 20% all the way around / 5% Eyebrow Strip
    AVS Smoked Window Visors
    Z71 Stickers Black & Metallic Silver
    Tow Mirrors / Smoked Turn Signals
    XM Satellite Radio Fin / Color Matched
    Interior Plastic Pieces / Color Matched
    Power Acoustic Tweeters
    Painted Bowties / Color Matched
    Painted Door Handles / Color Matched
    Smittybilt Bull Bar / Color Matched
    Custom Rolled Edge Exhaust Tips / Color Matched
    Custom 2.5 Inch Cat Back True Dual Exhaust
    Flowmaster Super 40 Series Dual in / Dual out
    Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe
    K&N Air Filter
    18x9 Rockstars Machined Black
    Center Caps / Color Matched
    33.13.50 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    New Front Wheel Well Liners
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Tailights
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Third Brake Light / Smoked
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Halo Projector Headlights
    Notto HID Kit 10,000k Low beams
    Recon L.E.D. Light Bar
    Buschwacker OE Style Tailgate Cap
    AMI Gloss Black Antenna
    Debadged Chrome Lettering
    Door Molding Removed

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstarrchevy81 View Post
    Hey man with the backspacing and offset and 18x9 rims you shouldn't have any problem running a 33 12.50 or 32 12.50 with no problem with the readlift 2.25 inch leveling kit. I had the same readylift leveling kit on my nnbs with 33 13.50 cooper stt's but had some rubbing and had to cut some of the front fender liner the plastic and it was find but i would recommend a 32 12.50 or 33 12.50 to be honest. I think this setup would be good and look good also idk i believe your truck has tire sensor's when you buy the truck just like mine but you can get the sensor's reprogrammed for bigger tire spec's than stock. I never had a problem with psi in tires being i run my 33's around 36psi and have never reprogrammed them. I hope this helps and if you need anymore info let me know bud.

thank you so much! I'm excited now. All I need now is to save up xD It'll be well worth it though! Time to decide what kind of tire to run now. :D

I would be very careful saying that you can run a 33x12.50 on those wheels with only a leveling kit, "no problem." Op, you would need to do considerable fender trimming (metal) for that.

Thats a good looking wheel, but as Blackout07 said a 33x12.50 won't fit with just a leveling kit. Its to wide. With just a leveling kit you need a narrow 32"-33" tire on a 7"-8" rim. If you want to run a 33x12.50 you need aleast a 4" lift.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

I shall take all that into consideration. What tire specs would you recommend? for the 18 x 9 rim to fit without rubbing and trimming?

ha exactly what i said lol i said i would consider a 32 over a 33 12.50 or 33 13.50 that i ran!

Blog Entries

I have a 07 NNBS with a 2" leveling kit. I'm running 20x9 ultra wheel with a 30mm offset. I have 295x55 nitto trail grapplers and the side lugs rub the sway bar at full turn. SUX!!! That tire size is right at a 33x12.50. Everything I read said it would clear but not on my ride. I would go with a 32 to prevent the rubbing. That's my opinion anyway. In my profile is an album with the picture of the truck with the wheels on. The 00 offset on the wheel you want will clear it from rubbing your sway bar but might make it contact the front bumper or outer portion of the rear fender. Good luck!

2006 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LBZ (NEW PROJECT)
    LineX, Mickey Thompson 16x8, 285/75R16 Yoko A/T, Tinted (Diesel Addiction EFI Tuning, and MBRP 5" next on the list)

oh :O Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of >.< How would a narrower tire work out?

I would run the 2.25 readylift leveling kit or a 2.5 inch and you should be fine i had no rubbing with 33's with it leveled after the 33 13.50's were off just maybe have to trim the plastic some but aslong as you take the time to make them even and measure like i did and cut it straight, noone will be able to tell man.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by