GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The heat is still on in my truck

I still have gotten no responses or direction on my issue and would sure like some help,
    I have a 2007 Silverado and the heat comes on by itself. The fan works fine and what Ill refer to as the direction of airflow works fine too. Its just that all of a sudden I periodically feel hot air coming from the system. Sometimes when I turn the knob from cold to hot and then back to cold again the heat goes off but sometimes the heat just stays on even if the a/c button is pushed it still blows hot. I had the same problem two years ago and the dealer informed they think they fixed it (and they did for a while) and it was a bad ground and there is a service bulliten about this. Is this something anyone knows about? Where could i check if there is a sertvice bulliten on this? I am mechanically inclined. Is this something I can fix? Does anyone know where this bad ground might be?? Im hot! (well, temperature wise, that is.....)
    Peter

do you have manual hvac or auto?

try pulling the hvac fuses and letting the actuators reset themselfs
    GM TECH

05 silverado shortbed

Default same problem

My heat has been stuck on for 2 years now(2 summer in TX with heater stuck on have been very unpleasant). My truck is an 02 and I've heard it's happened to a few others. for my year model it has been commonly the a/c actuator located behind the passenger airbag. I've pulled all possible fuses, disconnected the blower motor, and done just about everything short of bypassing the system altogether. I hope someone in the know can help you with this.

this is a really common problem with all chevy models it relates back to your heating core. try getting an aftermarket core the stock cores are too small resulting in them over heating and pumping the excess heat out

Can ya just bypass the heater core?? It would work for now.Or put an inline shut off valve like they do on big rigs..Wish I could help.
    95 tahoe 2dr 4x4 200,000+ miles

Quote Originally Posted by peter n View Post
    I still have gotten no responses or direction on my issue and would sure like some help,
    I have a 2007 Silverado and the heat comes on by itself. The fan works fine and what Ill refer to as the direction of airflow works fine too. Its just that all of a sudden I periodically feel hot air coming from the system. Sometimes when I turn the knob from cold to hot and then back to cold again the heat goes off but sometimes the heat just stays on even if the a/c button is pushed it still blows hot. I had the same problem two years ago and the dealer informed they think they fixed it (and they did for a while) and it was a bad ground and there is a service bulliten about this. Is this something anyone knows about? Where could i check if there is a sertvice bulliten on this? I am mechanically inclined. Is this something I can fix? Does anyone know where this bad ground might be?? Im hot! (well, temperature wise, that is.....)
    Peter
    My 2004 2500 is doing the EXACT same thing....If I turn the truck off and restart it, it will usually reset and be ok for a while. Anyone have further info.?

I have not really started looking into it yet, but, do these trucks run hot water through the core at all times and control the heat with air blend control only? OR do they shut the hot water off to the core like my old 1973 does?

Quote Originally Posted by HotRod82 View Post
    My 2004 2500 is doing the EXACT same thing....If I turn the truck off and restart it, it will usually reset and be ok for a while. Anyone have further info.?

I have not really started looking into it yet, but, do these trucks run hot water through the core at all times and control the heat with air blend control only? OR do they shut the hot water off to the core like my old 1973 does?
    Yup, my '01 Silverado does this too. Whenever I turn the control to warm I cannot get it back to cool (continually blows HOT air even when I turn on the air conditioner)

Not sure about your question, but I was told by a chevy mechanic that there is a motor behind the dash that moves a damper one way to let in cool air from vent or air conditioner and the other way for heat. He told me that mine was not responding properly (weak motor) and that it needed replacing- it was kind of pricey so I had him leave it alone as it is only an intermittent problem. he told me that you have to remove the console and reach up under the dash to reach it. I wish I could hear from someone who has done this before...I will get around to this soon!

Legend
    Blog Entries

Ive had to do this before on a dodge, removing the dash or just the air bag might work as well..
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Blog Entries

The heater on my 99 turns on and off as is pleases. Seems to not work when I need it. I have found that wiggling all the wire on the back of the control cluster makes it work again or go off. I think it is an electrical issue. Though Like the other guy said it could have something to do with the heater core, I know mine leaks.
    "If I were lie'n I'd be cry'n and I aint shed a tear"

Quote Originally Posted by yellowhusky View Post
    Yup, my '01 Silverado does this too. Whenever I turn the control to warm I cannot get it back to cool (continually blows HOT air even when I turn on the air conditioner)

Not sure about your question, but I was told by a chevy mechanic that there is a motor behind the dash that moves a damper one way to let in cool air from vent or air conditioner and the other way for heat. He told me that mine was not responding properly (weak motor) and that it needed replacing- it was kind of pricey so I had him leave it alone as it is only an intermittent problem. he told me that you have to remove the console and reach up under the dash to reach it. I wish I could hear from someone who has done this before...I will get around to this soon!
    I figured it was that actuator motor, what your mechanic told you makes sense. I'm going to tear into mine this week sometime....I'll keep you guys posted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast