GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I like my 50 a lot. It sounds awesome down low. Plus it doesn't sound terribly loud at high rpms. Yes the 4 cylinder thing is kind of annoying at times but i've learned to live with it.
    '08 black death silverado LT
    '00 Ford Ranger XLT

I personally prefer fllowmaster however i dont have the problem of switching from 8 to 4 seeing as i don't have a DOD. :/

I have the dual 3" in and out Flowmaster. I wanted the Magnaflow, but the muf man ordered the wrong one. so I went with the Flowmaster. Its a little louder than I wanted, but it flows vary nice.

I haven't decided yet. I want that nice deep V8 rumble cars and trucks had back in the day. However, I also have to worry about the switch to 4, so we'll see.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Flowmaster, had a magnaflow on my tahoe and it definitely didn't sound as good. But can't really compare different engine.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

I have had both Flowmasters and Magna Flows, I liked the sound of the Magna Flows better.

I JUST had a Flowmaster Super 40 put on my 99 5.3 FULL TIME 8 CYLINDER and it sounds pretty good. Definitely quieter than mufflers cut off. Better than the Thrush Turbos I had before but the shop that put them on came nowhere close to what I wanted done.

Get a programmer, do away with AFM, do away with crappy 4 cylinder sound

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

I agree with Riley, get a programmer. Personally I like the sound of the Magnaflow better and that is what i have on my truck. Great V8 Chevy sound without bothering anyone. It's just every time I hear a truck that is way too loud and obnoxious they proudly tell me that is their Flow masters.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Flowmasters have baffle plates in them to direct the flow, and they are restrictive. Magnaflow do not have baffle plates and are not restrictive. I like old school glass packs. They are not restrictive ether and they are dirt cheep. People will spend money on a cold air system, then put on flowmasters. That is kind of defeating the purpose. If all you want is sound then it doesn't mater what you put, as long as you like the way it sounds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12