GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default what rear end do i have in my truck

new here i just made the drive from california to ohio back in december unfortunately my truck was having major issues with having an open diff. my truck is a silverado 2004 2500 lt (not an hd) 2wd 3.73 gears and it has 8 lug bolts my question is what is my case size housing so i can get a lsd or airlocker

Hmmm...since it's not an HD I'm gonna say a GM Corporate 12 bolt.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Welcome to the Club!!
    Best to look at your RPO codes in the glove box, the look on line for the RPO code list, here is a link.
    http://www.rpocodes.com/

It should be a GM Corporate 14-bolt. Does the hub of the axle stick through the center of the rear tires, or is it flush with the face of the tire? If the hub sticks through, you have the full-floater version, if it's flush, it's the semi-floater version.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage