GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Passenger side mirror turn signal led out

New to the forum here. I have a 2003 Silverado with the turn signals in the side mirrors. My passenger side is not working but I have turn signals working on that side. Is there something simple i should look for?

Have you checked the bulb?

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Blog Entries

I think the LED's run on a circuit board like most LED's do. I am not too sure if it's singles or if they are all on one big board, if they are on one board then you're gonna have to replace the internals, and if they do not only replace the internals they might just have to replace the entire mirror. Unfortunately I do not know how our mirrors work for the LED's, but if they are like any common LED system that works with multiple LED's it's gonna be on a LED circuit board.

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas. If he is, he'll tell you. If he isn't, there is no need to embarrass him."

2012 Silverado 1500 Texas Edition 4x4 LT skid plate, 5000k 55W low beams with DRL fuse removed, 5000k 35W fog lamps.

Leveling kit and tires coming soon.

Leaving for boot camp at MCRDSD 20121008.

Well I finally got around to checking the leds and I tried to run the drivers side mirror with a jumper from the passenger side and nothing. I also bought some aftermarket leds and they did not work. Is there a common point where shorts are known to happen. My next course of action is to see if I can get a reading on my multimeter for the power to the turn signal prior to the door control unit. If I get power I know where I am loosing it. If not where would be the next area to check? i.e. the next harness connection. Keep in mind that I have turn signals working but just not the one in the passenger mirror.

Not sure but since l.e.d., you might not see 12 volts thru the pig tail. My 03 has the same mirrors. I broke my drivers side, and replaced it with one I found on Ebay. The cheapest way I found to replace it. Did a write up with pics. Hope this helps.
    "If it ain't one thing, it's a mother******g nother"

The pigtail should see 12 volts. Mine was not. I ended up finding out it was the blue wire in the harness that was not showing any continuity between both ends. It must have gotten pinched somehow and broken. I ran a wire from the truck fuse block to the light and we are good to go.