GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default SuperChips Programmer?

Quick question. I have a chance to order the SuperChips Flashpaq for my truck and after the discount and mail in rebate the price will be $272.32. I'm pretty confident that it's a good decision but I just wanted to get some feedback on it. I have to place my order by Tuesday to get the extra 12% off though. I ordered a Flowmaster exhaust off of autoanything.com a while back and I got an email yesterday saying that I could get the extra discount, the mail in rebate, and FREE overnight shipping. The main reason that I'm ordering it is so that I can turn off the AFM. I thought about the Diablo but I have always been the type that would just stick with well established companies...I guess that's a flaw that I have. I'm sure Diablo is great but SuperChips is the direction that I'm leaning. What do you guys think?
    2010 Silverado LT Z71
    3"/2" Leveling Kit (will install after Deployment)
    SuperChips programmer

Flowmaster Super 40 with turn downs
    Looking for the tires now!

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I have had SC in my past 2 trucks and in my 08 No problems.. Good price too.....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I'd get a Diablo Preditor. Has better tunes and more adjustabilty. You can adjust your LongTerm FuelTrims, this makes a big differance in MPG's, power and throttle response. MarylandSpeed.com has them for $279.00 shipped. Or you can get a Diablo Trinty for $599.00, more money but more adjustabilty. You can data log with both and then get a custom tune from a Diablo tuner like DiabLew.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Silveradotrailblazer...will the Diablo allow me to turn the AFM off? That's really the only reason I'm wanting a programmer but the little bit of extra HP would be nice also. I'm not concerned too much with better gas milage but if it will help out with that too I don't see how I could go wrong.

Oh yeah another reason that I wasn't looking at the Diablo in the beginning was because you have to spend another $30-$40 on the cables to hook it up to your computer so by the time you do that, it's more that the Superchips.
    Last edited by ammobaggett; 07-15-2011 at 11:36 PM. Reason: More Info

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

The Superchips does have a MPG's save program also and after useing it I got about 2 MPG's better But just remember you will lose some speed and pickup..

The Diablo will let you turn off the AFM. The extra money for the Diablo is well worth it. When you tune the LongTermFueltrims (LTFT's) for better MPG's it doesn't hurt the power it makes more power.

Enkeiavalanche & silveradotrailblazer...thanks for the imput guys. Just as I figured I'm still unsure. Both of you guys made good points. I just wish that I knew someone who had these programmers installed that I could check out firsthand. I've been hearing a lot of good things about the Diablo and with Superchips being well established over the years, it's going to be a tough decision for me. But thanks again and I'm sure this want be the last time that I ask for input.