GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Fender Trimming for NNBS

Hey guys, I was looking on another forum and I came across this very helpful write up for NNBS. Everybody would like to run bigger tires with less lift and no rubbing so this seems to be very straight forward and pretty easy to do....

So we are using a Cognito 7-9" lift and we are going to be setting it between 7" to 8" at most, BUT we are running 37x13.50x20 Toyo MT's and 20x9 4.75" backspaced wheels. Its going to be a very tight fit. Here are the pics of what I did to help others. No cutting on the fender where you would have to see anything in the end. I have a local customer that showed me what could be done so I didn't come up with it but after trying it a couple times it really makes a big deference but is super clean finish. Job takes about 2-3 hours for the first time guy but it's more because taking your time and not rushing it is the key to keep it clean.

2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Nice write up.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Nice job. Very well done with the pictures. The question is HOW DID YOU DO THIS "How-to" POST? I tried uploading every way possible, to no avail. UpLoad was too big. I had to make my article into a PDF, and then divide it into 4 small sections, and then upload it. My "How-to" looks like crap after I had to make my pictures so small that it was hard to see, and then the 4 sections are too much trouble to put together to find out "How-to". Your article looks great! How can I make mine look like yours??
    Thanks for any help.
    Bill M. Blown 2003 Tahoe Z71

Nice write up. I might have to give this a shot myself next time it's time to buy tires, as I also plan on that being the time for a lift. But I want 35s with a 4" lift so I'm likely going to need to do some trimming.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

I will be doing something similar, panning to run 295/70x18's on my 07 NNBS 1500. How much room might I have with a 0 or a -12 offset?