GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

well it went up to 50% today and now i think im going to go to the hospital. let me explain, what had happen was, both are 2 ways i better not try to explain to the doctor as to what happened.
    at about 0800 this morning i started the system and played it lightly for about 10min just to warm everything up. i then turned the amp gain up from 7% to 25% and the same with the front sub control, 7% to 25%. all was good. hit att on the remote to cut the volume down by 50% and then turned the amp gain to 50%. sat back down in the drivers seat, turned off att and let it rip. well rip it did. it blew both barn door window seals and popped my right ear drum. it still hurts like hell so im debating going to the er or waiting until monday to hit up my primary care doctor. never the less lesson learned here is hearing protection is not just for dorks. cool people with extreme sound systems should use it to.
    94 sub 6inch lift 34inch bfg mt. massive rework project soon. the audio system hit 150.3db so now its time to rebuild and try for 155db. mudpuppy is also getting a new engine, rebuilt ifs, dual 500amp 15.1vdc alts, 5 5,000amp batts, ant the combined wattage with the new system should be close to 15,000watts. this is going to be a wild ride boy and girls.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeSilver02 View Post
    I definitely want to see a video of this when you get it all together, crank it all the way up and see what damage you can do!
    X2 on the video! Get a dog or a girl in the video too so we can hear them scream when you crank it up. lol

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
    ... sat back down in the drivers seat, turned off att and let it rip. well rip it did. it blew both barn door window seals and popped my right ear drum. it still hurts like hell so im debating going to the er or waiting until monday to hit up my primary care doctor. never the less lesson learned here is hearing protection is not just for dorks. cool people with extreme sound systems should use it to.
    HOLY CRAPOLA BATMAN! That's nothing to play around with, you're sitting on top of a Metallica concert on wheels there. I mean, let's face do you know how hard it can be to get that barn door window seal waterproof again?

I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Get your ears checked out asap. Not sure if it's like a stroke or a torn ligament where the clock is ticking to get medical care, but it's nothing to play around with.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

just be careful of driving past shyscrapers. wouldnt want pedestrians to get crushed by all that falling glass.

:-D lol j/k

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Legend
    Blog Entries

I blew an ear drum diving once. There is nothing they do but give you something for pain and perhaps an antibiotic. If you can get to Monday it will cost less than the ER. Got a good bourbon around the house?
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.
    Because life is too short to drive a Ford

well no alcohol for me. i stopped drinking over 2 years ago.

as for the windows, i have the resins curing atm. i removed the trim, scrapped the old sealants out, re-coated everything with new sealant, reinstalled the windows, sprayed great stuff in the entire doors, and applied a thin layer of dyniliner around the outer edges of the windows under the trim to help absorb vibrations. if that doesnt work then ill have to get plexi windows.

as for the pain killers, i have v-750's but im running low so ya ill have to at the least get a refill.
    94 sub 6inch lift 34inch bfg mt. massive rework project soon. the audio system hit 150.3db so now its time to rebuild and try for 155db. mudpuppy is also getting a new engine, rebuilt ifs, dual 500amp 15.1vdc alts, 5 5,000amp batts, ant the combined wattage with the new system should be close to 15,000watts. this is going to be a wild ride boy and girls.

the HDC3 12 is otw. once i get it broken in i will be posting the first video.

fixed the barn door windows. resealed them with window sealants, layered over that with industrial fiberglass and pumped the doors full of right stuff from home depot. everything else is so far holding up but that will soon change once the hdc3 is thrown into the mix.
    Last edited by mudpuppy; 10-07-2011 at 11:30 PM.

haha newest damage from the system. my dash board face panal bolt holes stripped and the face plate fell off while i was driving. the entire dash also flexes so i should have expected that but none the less it sorta shock me a lil going down the road at 70 and having my dash jump out at me lol

something tells me the next few months im going to be upgrading alot of stuff just to handle the noise level.

well i knew it would take long. im already upgrading the 2.0 12's to hdc3 12's. each sub handles 1500wrms dual 1ohm coils with 3 inches of cone movement. also upgrading the highs due to the bass being so extreme i cant hardly here the music now. i just got a set of powerbass 6.5 4xl extreme duty mids. 100+wrms each with 2inch voice coils. these things are loud. i plan to also get a set of audioque pro audio 6.5's and which ever set is loudest will be getting used in a 8 6.5 set up.

i also upgrade my amp to a prototype amp that was never put into production. it provides 5000wrms by 1 at 1ohm without even getting warm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0900.jpg   118-1.jpg   DSCN0943.jpg   DSCN0941.jpg  

Hey when your ready to crank them up, please drive up my street. I have a half dozen neighbors who play that acid rock crap and I would like to impress on them the importance of country music. Ya know something wit words you can understand.
    I could even get the grill going so we could listen to an album or two or three or ten, twelve , ......
    Remember the "got milk" commercial? Well now you can advertise for an ear plug company
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    Hey when your ready to crank them up, please drive up my street. I have a half dozen neighbors who play that acid rock crap and I would like to impress on them the importance of country music. Ya know something wit words you can understand.
    I could even get the grill going so we could listen to an album or two or three or ten, twelve , ......
    Remember the "got milk" commercial? Well now you can advertise for an ear plug company
    lmao i would love to. thats one of the reasons i started listening to country. as for the highs, well i decided the AQ pro audio 6.5s are louder so i order 4 and they should be here by thursday. the powerbass 6.5's will also be staying inside the suburban.
    what do you think of my prototype amp lol. only 25 of those had ever been built. it is slightly stronger than the AQ3500d.1 rated at 4300by1 at 1ohm. this one does closer to about 5200.1 at 1ohm 13.2vdc. only thing is the aq amp can be more powerful with high voltage which this amp can not do. the AQ amp at 18vdc can deliver 7500+wrms by 1 at 1ohm. the max that my amp can accept safely is 15.1vdc. so the AQ amp can still get a lil more than 1000wrms higher than mine. where my prototype amp kicks ars is it is capable of going down to .25ohms safely. the AQ amp can only do 1ohm safely.

and ya, hearing protection is a must in this thing. and im still not done yet. once i get the final 12 and maybe 1 15 and all of the highs hooked up i might not be able to stay inside of it no matter how much hearing protection i use.

and for those wandering, yes the sound system has already caused massive structural complications that i have had to repair and/or upgrade. the biggest thing is i had to upgrade the grounding. it took about 120lbs of wire for additional grounds and i still have about 8ft more of 4gauge to add. thats hopefully enough for 6 more ground points. all which will be from the body to frame for the last 6.
    Last edited by mudpuppy; 12-27-2011 at 08:17 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast