GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Cool my 1994 suburban c1500! Diamond in the rough

Here's my girl. Got her in sept. 2010. She's still quite rough but ive been doing the maintenance and repairs it need before i work on the body and paint. She's got a rebuilt tranny, new suspension, new brakes and hardware, new tires, new seats, audio and video, all sorts of repairs to things that were rigged up, full tune up (batt, belt & tensioner, plugs, filter, oil changes), and most recently... THE A/C!!!
    She still needs a new headliner, drivers door panel, dash pad, bumper filler, and a new bumper. Body is all dinged and bumped, when all thats fixed im thinking of going summit white with a diamond blue pearl!
    Enlisting in the army next week so we'll see where we end up! lol

:neutral:94BURBTX:neutral:

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Hey looks good to me.I'm old-so the fancy sound system is beyond me- but it looks cool!!
    I got my 1998 2wd Suburban 4 years ago-$2950 195,000 miles- now I have 216,300 miles- still runs great.
    Luck
    Charlie
    PS Love those new tires-mine could pass for slicks!
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Looking good, the clear headlight's really clean up the front end. I would swap the altezza tail lights for a set of OEM red ones IMO. Any thoughts about new rims down the road? How much did you pay?
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Well I bought the truck for $900 because of all the work it needed. And yes I'm going to swap the tails for some oem style led lights, I hate clear tails personally. I've been fixing the broken stuff before I do the aesthetic part of it. It also had horrible blue seats in there that someone had put in and half didn't work. I got a great deal on gray leathers so I put those in. Captains fronts (converted the passenger to power also) and second/third row bench. The front need the seat recovered but the backs are great. In the faaaaar future, once my new tires wear, I want some 18s with the same setup 31.5x10.

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Here's a couple of my seats. Front drivers is the really bad one that needs seat recovered, passenger is just worn. The backs are near mint!
    Last edited by 94burbtx; 07-17-2011 at 12:44 PM.

Wow, for $900 that's certainly a steal. Those seats look great!

Legend
    Blog Entries

Looking good! that is probably my favorite body style Gm has made.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    Looking good! that is probably my favorite body style Gm has made.
    mine too, other than old skool like late 60s or early 70s model! i love how those burbs look but i dont have the income to restore a beast like that.