GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2001 5.3 Vortec Engine

I have a 5.3 Vortec engine out of a 2001 Silverado 1500. It is a complete engine minus the harnesses and 3 coils, everything else is there. Heres a run-down on the engine....there is a local gas station that accidentally put diesel in with their gas pumps. This engine unfortunately had this gas/diesel mix run through it. The guy that owned the truck decided to just replace the engine completely after this one just stopped running. He said there were no knocks, no chatter, just stopped running. It was towed to the dealership I work at and a friend of mine acquired it because he is the one that did the swap for him. I bought the engine from him. Other than what is stated here.....I don't know anything else about it. I was told that all it needs is a set of rings, bearings, and a fuel system treatment and it should be good to go. I would like to trade it for anything of equal value or just sell it out right. All REASONABLE offers will be considered. Don't want to ship it out, I want a local pick up if possible. I can send pictures on request.

pm sent, waiting for response!
    Carl
    2005 GMC Sierra 1500, reg cab, 4.8 ltr, 5 spd, 4X4, Flowmaster 40 series w/3" exhaust pipes & 4" tips. ReadyLift torsion bar keys(part#66-3000), K&N air filter (soon to be getting a AFE Pro Dry S airfilter), & airbox mod .