GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: RPM Issue

Default RPM Issue

Recently noticed a problem with my RPMís fluctuating by a couple hundred when h9olding the pedal steady at 40 to 45mph, right under 1500 RPM. It feels like it would if you were slightly pumping the gas pedal. Ėnot so much a stutter.

Itís a 2005 Yukon Denali 6l. I have cleaned the throttle body but it hasnít helped the issue. (though it did help the reaction time). I have a RAM air and predator tune since 06, but this recently started happening.

Any suggestions or past experiences with this would be an awesome help!! Thanks!!!!
    '05 GMC Yukon Denali AWD
    364cu.in 6.0l V8
    Suncoast Ram Air Hood
    Flowmaster muffler
    DiabloSport Predator Tune

Could a number of things. When was the last time you changed your air filter? How old are your spark plugs & wires?
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Plugs and wires were changed at 100K, about 20K ago... Air filter has just been changed. - The custom one for the Hood is the only one that realy gets dirty, the stock one always looks good but still gets cleaned). Both are K&N.

Could it have somthing to do with the MAF sensor? The little gauge that shows how dirty it is or what ever has never moved.

Couldn't hurt to clean it, might help the issue. Use CRC MAF cleaner ONLY. DO NOT use carb/ brake cleaner. You can find it at AutoZone, Pep Boys, O'Reily's etc... for under $10. here's what it looks like http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...%3Disch&itbs=1

Cool, will try (when its not 110 degrees out) and update.