GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Master Mechanic

Default Switching from diablosport to Wait4meperformance custom tune

After reaading HeavyChevy's posts, I contacted Wait3meperformance about their custom tunes. So now im stuck on getting their SCT programmer with 3 custom tunes. I think it's worth it, any thoughts. If I do buy their SCT, i'll be selling my U7193 Diablosport predator.
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

yeah i've read alot of heavy chevys posts and sounds like it is a great way to go. Custom is always the best way to go. plus 3 custom tunes on a handheld is nice. let us know how it is after testing for a while. And a comparison to the diablo as those come highly rated as well.

If you dont mind my asking how much does the wait4me roughly cost.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Master Mechanic

I asked and it was $410. Thats for the SCT programmer (can read, reset codes, and data log just like the predator), and the three tunes to your liking. He just wants the vin# of the truck and the add ons I've done for it. So I'm thinking the first is 93 octane hp tune, a 89 octane hp tune, and a 87 octane economy tune.

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Thats not bad at all. Well I hope you enjoy it when it comes in. Theres always something to add to the trucks wish list
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Master Mechanic

Yeah, Ill make sure to rack and stack the tunes and the programmers.

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by KyleZ71 View Post
    If I do buy their SCT, i'll be selling my U7193 Diablosport predator.
    If you buy it, how much will you sell the predator for? I've been looking at getting one and wouldn't mind helping you get rid of it.

Master Mechanic

Im thinking somewhere around 250-275. Its the U7193 with the PC cable set. Still in great shape.

Jr. Apprentice

OK what difference did you see in the mileage with it?

Master Mechanic

Well when I was on the throttle too much such as highway cursing I seen upwards of +4 mpg, also the higher octane grades get more benefit. Just around town and city driving got me +1-2 mpg more. It really helped the shifting and also the truck had more gitty up after the tune. It came with the 87 octane tune, as well as the Diablo (93 octane) tune.

Jr. Apprentice

Alright well let me know if your going to sell it. I'm getting exhaust next week hopefully so I'll have to see where I sit with money after that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast