GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Master Mechanic

Ok man, will do
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

I know heavychevy was pleased with his wait4me tune, but I've been on other forums and read some not so good things about his tunes. The only custom tuners I've never heard anything bad about was Blackbear, NelsonPerformance and DiabLew.

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

In my opinion the only way to get a good custom tune is when you can data log your truck and send the log to the custom tuner via e-mail or have the tuner data log your truck in person and then write a tune for YOUR truck.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    I know heavychevy was pleased with his wait4me tune, but I've been on other forums and read some not so good things about his tunes. The only custom tuners I've never heard anything bad about was Blackbear, NelsonPerformance and DiabLew.

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

In my opinion the only way to get a good custom tune is when you can data log your truck and send the log to the custom tuner via e-mail or have the tuner data log your truck in person and then write a tune for YOUR truck.

Yes, to get the best tune you should use some datalogger, and base any changes to the PCM/TCM tables on the actual truck data.

2009 Silverado 1500
    5.3L / 3.73 G80 / 4spd / 4x4 / LWB/ Ext Cab / HD Tow-Haul
    2.25in ReadyLift Level Kit / 3in blocks/ 3500lb HellWig / 265x65x17 Wrangler AT
    K&N Filter / AirRaid MIT / MagnaFlow 2.25" Dual Exhaust / HyperTech MaxEnergy

One last thing then I'm done, LOL. Any and or some tuners make a balls to the walls tune, but at the expense of reliabilty and driveabilty i.e. the trans hitting big time hard shifts, well something IS going to let go. Well this is o.k. if your racing the truck but for a daily driver you want to fined that happy medium between performance, driveabilty and reliability.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

I've heard mixed reviews about wait4meperformance. You should also check out Black Bear Performance. They have the autocal which allows you to keep multiple tunes on file. It can also read codes and clear them plus data log. I agree with the above posts about getting the real data and tuning the truck around the data. I know with the autocal you hook it up, then drive around with it recording data. Then send the data log to Justin at Black Bear and he'll email you a tune. You then upload the tune to the AutoCal and then install it on the truck.
    Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12