GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Jr. Apprentice

Default silverado 2010 swap 327/572

I have a silverado with 29k on it I was thinking about modding my 5.3 . Well my cousin gave me a brand new 572 since he is going back to Mexico he can't take it. Any tips? Before I swap or what do I need to swap out it out

You will need a stronger transmission, rear end, frame reinforced, make your own engine mounts, differant fuel system, should I keep going. Anything can be done if you have the money or fab skills.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Or you can send it to me and I'll give it a nice home....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    You will need a stronger transmission, rear end, frame reinforced, make your own engine mounts, differant fuel system, should I keep going. Anything can be done if you have the money or fab skills.
    Del.....Don't forget.....An All New Exhaust System to add to the list.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Legend

he just gave it to you?!?!?!?!?! Thats a hefty price tag on that baby. It will cost you just as much if not more then that engine is worth to prep your truck to accomodate that thing, thats 720hp and 685ft/lbs buddy. You would also need complete suspension front to take the added weight, and also for the rear to keep the tires firmly planted on the ground. That engine is a 5 figure price tag sell it and take the money and put it into your truck, hell i am sure you caould trade someone for it for a good muscle car.
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by vncj96 View Post
    he just gave it to you?!?!?!?!?! Thats a hefty price tag on that baby. It will cost you just as much if not more then that engine is worth to prep your truck to accomodate that thing, thats 720hp and 685ft/lbs buddy. You would also need complete suspension front to take the added weight, and also for the rear to keep the tires firmly planted on the ground. That engine is a 5 figure price tag sell it and take the money and put it into your truck, hell i am sure you caould trade someone for it for a good muscle car.
    ahhh i wish it cost me a 4day drive to mexico. traded my 91ford for it to. oh well it was alot cheaper then buying a new engine. well im willing to work on it. i had to promise him i wouldnt sell it and it will stay in the fam.@ silverado what kinda of trany should i get for it. i want to make it a sleeper but when i need to get down and dirty i want to see peoples face in a shock lol .i just got the exhust from spin tech. suspencison still looking for one. the drive shaft i can send it in so it could be reinforce for more power? or is it better to just buy one ?

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

It might make sense-$$ and sense- to get a used GM that you can just drop this monster into.
    It will cost a zillion $$ to try to stuff it into your 1/2 truck that wasn't designed to take a BB.
    Get something-Suburban or 1/2 pickup that was designed to take a BB.

Granted you will still have to do some slight upgrade on the trans differential ( maybe just a shift kit etc).
    Yes I am joking- whatever vehicle you start with will need a complete drivetrain upgrade to deal with this extreme low RPM power/torque.

Get a BB GM vehicle and start from there.With increased fuel costs the older BB GMs are pretty cheap-maybe $3500-$4000 for a decent no rust vehicle
    Charlie
    PS Hey how can I get adopted into your family?? Yes I know the"don't sell it and you have to sell it back to me routine" that happens in families.
    My brother sold me his 1971 Cuda' 383 in 1975 when he was sent to Iran to train Cobra pilots(we were allies of the Shah then-and his armed forces flew Cobras).Well he gave me the "sell it back to me if I want it" speech.I spent $$ making it "better" Dual feed dual pump Holley, headers, aluminum intake dual points- thruch mufflers.It actually didn't get faster- just poorer FE and more noise-
    BUT I LOVED THAT CAR.
    Yes I sold it back to him in 1978 or so.
    SOB!! I miss that mustard yellow Cuda!! Doubt it was much quicker than my 1998 Suburban(when I finished with it), but it was cool!!
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by phoebeisis View Post
    It might make sense-$$ and sense- to get a used GM that you can just drop this monster into.
    It will cost a zillion $$ to try to stuff it into your 1/2 truck that wasn't designed to take a BB.
    Get something-Suburban or 1/2 pickup that was designed to take a BB.

Granted you will still have to do some slight upgrade on the trans differential ( maybe just a shift kit etc).
    Yes I am joking- whatever vehicle you start with will need a complete drivetrain upgrade to deal with this extreme low RPM power/torque.

Get a BB GM vehicle and start from there.With increased fuel costs the older BB GMs are pretty cheap-maybe $3500-$4000 for a decent no rust vehicle
    Charlie
    PS Hey how can I get adopted into your family?? Yes I know the"don't sell it and you have to sell it back to me routine" that happens in families.
    My brother sold me his 1971 Cuda' 383 in 1975 when he was sent to Iran to train Cobra pilots(we were allies of the Shah then-and his armed forces flew Cobras).Well he gave me the "sell it back to me if I want it" speech.I spent $$ making it "better" Dual feed dual pump Holley, headers, aluminum intake dual points- thruch mufflers.It actually didn't get faster- just poorer FE and more noise-
    BUT I LOVED THAT CAR.
    Yes I sold it back to him in 1978 or so.
    SOB!! I miss that mustard yellow Cuda!! Doubt it was much quicker than my 1998 Suburban(when I finished with it), but it was cool!!

well i know u guys make it sounds like it will be a nightmare to work on it. I found a chevelle not far from where i live. A old lady drives it i was in shock bc i have never seen it down my street, this weekend im going to put on my big boy pants and go ask her how much for it lol .
    still i need to do my homework on that engine and what i need to get it working right i dont no short cuts. if u guys can give me some ideas i would gladly appreciate it.

@phobeisis i dont think i would of have the nerve to sell it back to him all that hard work you put into it. hahaha about getting adpoted into the fam get that cuda back then we talk lol jkjk.

720hp naturally apirated? I like this idea.
    David

2007 Suburban 1500

2001 Silverado 1500 LS 2WD
    Custom Interior, Rims, Exhaust

I am drooling about just the thought of a 572 in one of these trucks. that would be awesome. but like stated before alot of modifications and depending on the state very difficult to pass inspection with in newer vehicles. If you can find a way to get it done kudos to you and definately keep us posted.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by