GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 4 Wheel Drive Question

Hey Guys new to the site and love it. Really helping my decison about lifting my truck, tires, and what else to do. I have a 2010 Silverado z71. I engage my 4 wheel drive mostly during hunting season so most of the time it is riding in 2 high most of the year. Should i engage it and ride it around a little every week? And i very rarely put it in 4 low. should i engage it too? Thanks

I would recommend contacting your local dealership for more specific information. I can also look into this for you with your VIN. Please feel free to contact me via private message as well. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

I would engage the 4hi and 4lo at least once a month. This keeps all the seals lubed and the elec. actuator from getting stuck.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    I would engage the 4hi and 4lo at least once a month. This keeps all the seals lubed and the elec. actuator from getting stuck.
    Thats about how often I do it. drive it for a few miles. make sure its on a straighter area so the front doesnt want to bind when turning
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Ok Thanks. I had always heard to do that just did not know if it was needed. But did it today and everything worked and pulled great.

Quote Originally Posted by GM Customer Service View Post
    I would recommend contacting your local dealership for more specific information. I can also look into this for you with your VIN. Please feel free to contact me via private message as well. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
    You need a VIN to answer that question?

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    Thats about how often I do it. drive it for a few miles. make sure its on a straighter area so the front doesnt want to bind when turning
    What these guys said. I put the trucks in Lo range every month or so too. Just find a dirt road, go for a short ride.
    When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses not zebras.