GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: 4" Lift

Default 4" Lift

Hello everyone. I recently purchased a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2WD Ext. Cab NBS. As soon as I got it, I started doing research on lift kits, tires, rims, etc, which led me to this site. I've read through thread after thread, and I keep getting mixed answers. I finally got tired of searching and decided to ask, so I apologize if this has been asked before, which I'm sure it has.

What is the best reasonably priced 4" lift? I've looked at brands such as Rancho, Skyjacker, ReadyLift, CST, and Rough Country (pretty much decided against this one after reading reviews). I will very, very rarely go off road and probably never go where it'll put excess stress on anything, so if anyone could help me decide on the best reasonably priced 4" lift, I would really appreciate it. I'm not looking to spend a ton of money, but I do want a good reliable lift kit.

I'm also planning on getting 33" tires and 17 or 18" rims, so if anyone could give me any recommendations for those, I would be grateful

Thanks!
    Last edited by .Tyler; 07-26-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Any of the aforementioned lift kits, (except maybe the Rough Country...) would be good. As for wheels and tires, BFG All terrain T/A KO's, BFG Mud terrain KM2's, Goodyear Wrangler MTR, Nitto Terra Grapplers, Nitto Trail Grapplers, and Toyo Open Country M/T's are all good offroad-oriented tires. As for wheels, it's all personal taste (and budget lol). What color is your truck? Do you have any other mods on it? What color/ style wheel are you looking for? Check out the XD, Pro Comp, Mickey Thompson, American Racing and Dick Cepek lines of wheels.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

I am loving my Rancho kit and I was in your shoes for the last year. I had a level kit and wanted to go bigger and knew I did not want a 6" but still set myself apart from the leveled trucks on the road. The big factor for me was the option to use the factory wheels with the Rancho. Because you are not going to do much off road you might can get away with the ReadyLift SST, but if you really want to head in that direction you need to call Full Throttle Suspensions and get a quote on their 4" kit. It is close to the RL SST but the powder coating is in crazy colors (I like that) and is a bit less expensive and does the same thing and is hand built in So Cal. Just my $0.02.

________2013 4C Rated__________

Thanks for the help guys!

@TELORVEHC: I have a graystone metallic truck, and I'm looking to put black rims on it with maybe some chrome mixed in with the black. I was mainly just asking for brands because I figured it would be hard for someone else to pick that out for me.

@ajarman: So is Full Trottle Suspensions a better quality lift kit than ReadyLift SST? I also found a CST kit running for about $900. How does that sound?

@TELORVEHC: I have a graystone metallic truck, and I'm looking to put black rims on it with maybe some chrome mixed in with the black. I was mainly just asking for brands because I figured it would be hard for someone else to pick that out for me.

@ajarman: So is Full Trottle Suspensions a better quality lift kit than ReadyLift SST? I also found a CST kit running for about $900. How does that sound?

The Ready Lift 4" is crap whether on/off road. If you want the best bang for your buck, then go with a 3" body lift with a leveling kit. I ran that setup for quite a while and it's as reliable as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout07 View Post
    The Ready Lift 4" is crap whether on/off road. If you want the best bang for your buck, then go with a 3" body lift with a leveling kit. I ran that setup for quite a while and it's as reliable as you can get.
    Will that look good? And if so, what are good brands that I should use that don't cost an arm and a leg? And about how much would it run me in all?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm very new to truck modifications.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Not all the above manufactures make 2WD lift kits for your year truck. CST suspension and Fabtech make good 2wd lifts. I see from your intro this is your first truck and like ALL of us when we were young we wanted to mod our truck right away. Trouble is sometimes you end up paying twice because you buy the first thing (cheapest) because you have the money now and can't wait. Well SAVE your money an do it right the first time. You WILL want the biggest lift and tire you can fit (this is normal). I can't tell you how many of our customers went through this, lift the truck just a few inches and come back a few months later and say they wish they had lifted the truck higher the first time.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses: