GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Oh my god guys im stumped!!!!!!

OKay, please help me save whatever hair i have left because i have pulled the rest!!!!!!

Last week, I sold my DVD head unit . Un installed it and let it go. Now, went to go install an old head unit i had but im running into a problem. After connecting the harness together, I have no power getting to the unit. Checked wires, nothing. Tried a different head unit, no power. I have tested to see if power is in the wire and it is. All wires are connected correctly, no fuses are blown, and ground is good. What could it be? Could i just by chance have two faulty decks?

Now , the install is minus the part you need to keep onstar. I have run power from a keyed fuse under the hood to the unit. Could the harness be messed? I just cant get over how everything was good then deinstalled and now its no good. Does anyone have any insight to what my problem could be? MUCH APPRECIATED GUYS!!!!!

Sounds like the wiring is wrong, or the HUs are bad. I'd guess wiring wrong though (and may result in a bad HU if so).

Legend
    Blog Entries

The only thing I can think of if you have power to it, is that it is not grounded (no complete circuit?) You have power on the wire going in, but it doesn't turn on... right????
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Not sure what vehicle you have, but most modern vehicles here use the GM Class 2 Bus. Which essentially means, if the head unit can not integrate in to the Bus (as the factory radio does) then it the Bus will not switch the radio on. Therefore, you have 2 options; run power from the a switched circuit or directly off the battery OR purchase an integration kit similar to this -> http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120GMOS...n-Adapter.html

So it sounds like your going from an aftermarket back to a stock setup. So it sounds, to me, like you have some wiring that needs to corrected. If you didn't install then your best bet may be to take it down to a car audio shop. Good luck!
    >>>2003 Suburban K1500 LT<<<

Currently:
    ~Rear overhead DVD
    ~Orion 600D
    ~ 12" Acoustic Elegance AV12
    ~Hankook ATM DynPro A/T's
    ~Flowmaster exhaust