GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Quick easy one, Where to run power through the firewall? 2010 Sierra.

Simple one, I'm going to be putting my sub in my truck and just wondering if anyone knows of a good spot to sneak the power feed through my firewall before I go out there with a flashlight and a coat hanger and waste my time tonight.
    2010 Sierra Nevada Edition
    4.8L Ext. cab - Black Z85 4x4 G80
    Shaved a couple badges and 4x4 stickers, DeeZee Red label Low Pro gloss black Brite plate cross box,DeeZee gloss black Brite plate bed rail caps , K&N,more to come.

I fished my power wire through the big rubber grommet in the firewall where the the other wires go into the cab. I made a small slit in the grommet with a razor knife and fed the power wire through.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Quote Originally Posted by TELORVEHC View Post
    I fished my power wire through the big rubber grommet in the firewall where the the other wires go into the cab. I made a small slit in the grommet with a razor knife and fed the power wire through.
    x2.....its the easiest.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

I figured that was gonna be the easiest route. But just wanted to check so I maybe didn't have to cross the engine bay. You are talking about the one by the computer right, on the driver side?
    Shaved a couple badges and 4x4 stickers, DeeZee Red label Low Pro gloss black Brite plate cross box,DeeZee gloss black Brite plate bed rail caps , K&N,more to come.

Yup, thats the one. It's the closest and most direct route to the battery.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Yeah you guys are right about that. I still have all my wiring from when i had my sub's and amp ran into my truck i just unplugged it from the battery so when i do wanna find me just one 12 to put in i will be able too very easily without any work at all.

2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab Lt Z71 5.3 V8
    7.5 Inch Rough Country Suspension Lift
    RBP Replica Grille Black w Chrome Rivets
    Recon Smoked Cab Roof Lights
    N-Fab Powdercoated Gloss black Cab Length Nerf Steps
    5% Tint over 20% all the way around / 5% Eyebrow Strip
    AVS Smoked Window Visors
    Z71 Stickers Black & Metallic Silver
    Tow Mirrors / Smoked Turn Signals
    XM Satellite Radio Fin / Color Matched
    Interior Plastic Pieces / Color Matched
    Power Acoustic Tweeters
    Painted Bowties / Color Matched
    Painted Door Handles / Color Matched
    Smittybilt Bull Bar / Color Matched
    Custom Rolled Edge Exhaust Tips / Color Matched
    Custom 2.5 Inch Cat Back True Dual Exhaust
    Flowmaster Super 40 Series Dual in / Dual out
    Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe
    K&N Air Filter
    18x9 Rockstars Machined Black
    Center Caps / Color Matched
    33.13.50 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    New Front Wheel Well Liners
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Tailights
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Third Brake Light / Smoked
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Halo Projector Headlights
    Notto HID Kit 10,000k Low beams
    Recon L.E.D. Light Bar
    Buschwacker OE Style Tailgate Cap
    AMI Gloss Black Antenna
    Debadged Chrome Lettering
    Door Molding Removed

Quote Originally Posted by TELORVEHC View Post
    Yup, thats the one. It's the closest and most direct route to the battery.
    My battery is on the passanger side of my truck? But still an easier shot across the fire wall, my power wire is going to end up being about 22' long though, to get it to the middle of the back bench. Is that far too long?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    My battery is on the passanger side of my truck? But still an easier shot across the fire wall, my power wire is going to end up being about 22' long though, to get it to the middle of the back bench. Is that far too long?
    Ahh, I didn't know that the 2010 models have the battery on the passenger side, my truck has it on the driver's side, my bad. 22' seems a bit long but you should be ok as long as the wire gauge is big enough (4 gauge, 2 gauge, 0 gauge etc....)