GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 Last Post byLast Post by

I almost always back in. I agree with Iceman 100% I never worked for UPS, but after driving fire apparatus and ambulances for 10 years before my current profession, Iceman's rationale definitely makes sense...!! I drive a 2000 Hyundai Accent as my beater car back and forth to work and I can do a U-turn in the middle of the road it's so short - but I still back it in...
    "To all those, who in the terrible heat of battle, pressed forward into eternity. To you who have purchased for us this rich heritage. Forever will your victories echo in the laughter of our children on every playground of this great nation."

I usually try to back in, and park away from everyone else. Don't mind walking a little to save a few dings. Also, makes it much easier to pull out, too many careless drivers going too fast in parking lots these days...

- - - - - GJG55

Sivlerado ( Black on Black, extended cab, 4x4 )

"Keep on Truckin" - is a great motto, for life in general...

Blog Entries

At work, since I am usually the first driver there, I will just pull straight on through two spots so it looks like I backed in. Stores and stuff, I do the same thing pretty much. At home, I usually pull in forward since it's easier to access my truck through my garage, plus getting out I just back up towards the house where nobody parks.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Legend

Blog Entries

I always back in. I love watching people with a crew cab dually or a suburban trying to pull in. It usually ends up in a very bad park job with someone getting the sqeezejob of the unlucky bast$@d that parked next to them

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Red Z71 Max View Post
    I always back in. I love watching people with a crew cab dually or a suburban trying to pull in. It usually ends up in a very bad park job with someone getting the sqeezejob of the unlucky bast$@d that parked next to them
    I almost never park to long bed trucks for that exact reason. I don't know why, but even people with regular cab long beds can't park them around here. It's not hard at all!

The reason i back in is because its the way that my dad taught me. He always told me as a kid that you can tell by the people who give a **** are the ones who back in. I often found out that its easier to pull out of a parking spot than backing out also. Thinking about it really becomes easier if you find yourself needing a jump, especially when driving a ford haha.

I personally always back in, No matter what I'm driving. Always did, always will... Not to mention, Chances of someone being in the spot you're pulling into are alot slimmer than someone walking to their cars where you're trying to pull out of.. So you have a great chance of hitting someone pulling in and backing out than you do backing it in and pulling out...

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Red Z71 Max View Post
    You've obviously never watched me park.. I used to have a suburban, and now I drive the crew cab boyfriends dually everyday... I back it in like a champ...
    00 Chevy Tahoe LT, 5.3 4x4

i back in as much as i can

i piss some many people off cause they have to wait to move but oh welll

but i can't back in @ school

Sr. Apprentice

I see cars and trucks every day in any parking lot with nice dents in the rear where the driver backed into something they failed to see. It takes longer to back into a space and I risk hitting someone on the process so it seems like a dumb thing to do and I try to avoid doing dumb things as much as possible figuring in the long run I will be better off as will the people around me. As or pissing people off and thinking "oh welll", well that is what is wrong with this country - too many people who could care less about the impact of their actions on others. No weapons of mass destruction - oh well. 20,000 American soldiers dead and another 50,000 missing limbs or with brain damage - oh well. Or as Rumsfeld put it so eloquently - **** happens

Backing in makes it much easier after the holdup. Never know when some idiot pulls in too tight and you have to do a three point maneuver . Then it is three hits and a cot.
    So ........... Always back in, for a better getaway.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 Last Post byLast Post by