GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Gauges quit working...?

Last night I was comin home from the store and realized my speedometer wasn't working (ins't the first time) so i hit the dash, then realized NONE of the gauges were working..

Gas gauge, almost empty. Water temp, cold. No oil pressure. The alt wasn't charging. No tac and no speedometer.

The Lights work fine, The odometer is still rollin over, cruise control works, Gear selection indicator read out works fine..

Any ideas? I haven't dug too far yet, I didn't have time today (monday) but I have Tuesday off so i was gonna start snooping around.

All the fuses inside checked out, I was going to start by checking all the fuses under the hood then pull the cluster and see if something didn't just come loose on the back.

..... Just wondering if this has happened to someone else and maybe could save me some time.
    03 1500 Z71 5.3 - DD/Tow rig

If you are asking about your 03' mentioned at the bottom of your Sig....Here is some Information ....about the 03' and 04's Model's having a Problem with the Dash Cluster's Gauges,that Stick,Flutter and become inoperative. There is a Special Coverage Adjustment,

Below is the
    Coverage Adjustment.....regarding the Dash Cluster Issue/Problem your having with some of your Gauges,

http://www.gmspeedometerrecall.com/
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 07-27-2013 at 02:43 PM.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

I and the guys at work have all heard of/seen them when they stick/flutter but normally its just the speedo that messes up..
    Last edited by offroadaddict; 01-12-2010 at 10:19 AM.

well i pulled the IPC fuse.. found out that controls the lights/odometer too. Then i put it back in, didn't notice anything but when i went to pull out the cluster i noticed the fuel gauge said full and the temp gauge was registering, started it up and everything else worked too... dunno wtf was up. I wish i could have found the real problem.

I guess there's always next time.

Default Same Problem

I've got a similiar problem with my '04 silverado. The speedo doesn't go up smoothly, it's kinda jittery. And a couple of times it didn't go up. I've been reading around a lot about it and i've heard that a new cluster is needed and i've heard you can send it away to also i heard you can replace a motor that runs it. Anybody have problems and got them fixed? I just got the truck and need help!!!!!

Just finished installing 7 new stepper motors to my gauge cluster. My speedometer hasn't worked for probably 2 years. The dealer wanted over $500 to fix. I found the stepper motors on e-bay and purchased replacement lights as well. It takes a good soldering iron and a solder sucker tool you can buy at Radio Shack. And if your like me a good pair of glasses! Check out Youtube for some great video's that helped my comfort level. Google "3-minute easy Chevy truck speedometer removal and GM instrument panel removal repair part 1 and 2. Otherwise the same people you can buy part from on E-Bay will repair if you send it to them. Took me about 3 hours to complete but I'm a little cautious.

Thanks! Also saw on there if you send it in you can get your gauges upgraded. Tranney temp, SS, and caddy setups

'04 Chevy 1500 Ext. Cab 4x4
    265/75-16 Sport King A/T

but don't you need a new BCM if you get the trans temp gauge?

the dealer covers the cluster for up to 70k miles. it will cause more than just speedo errors. mine also messed with the oil pressure and another gauge.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Here is some Information, Regarding Problem's with the Dash Cluster's,

http://www.gmspeedometerrecall.com/

http://www.gmspeedometerrecall.com/chevy-settlement

G.M. has raised the mileage for coverage from 70,000 miles to 80,000 and or 7 years.

If you were to get a Escalade Dash Cluster,which has the Transmission Temp gauge.The only item that needs to be done, is to have the Mileage programmed into the Escalade Cluster......the 99' and up NBS Siverado's/Sierra's Were-n-Are Already Pre-Wired from the Factory for the Trans Temp Gauge.
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 10-16-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by