GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    I would take a faded bow tie over a ford that the fuel tank might fall off while driving any day....

Yeah but some of these people that are saying about gauges already breaking and things of that nature. It is pretty ridiculous we are having problems with such new cars compared to older cars from the 50s 60s and 70s. And come on GM has had major recalls to at least Ford didn't take a bailout.

It is hard to compare cars from the '50s to the cars today. I am not saying GM does not have their falts but a issue with a bow tie is small potatoes. I think you can find issues with any new car, truck and SUV cause you will always hear from the ones complaing and not so much from the ones with trouble free trucks. Just my $0.02

________2013 4C Rated__________

o
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Kenney View Post
    Yeah but some of these people that are saying about gauges already breaking and things of that nature. It is pretty ridiculous we are having problems with such new cars compared to older cars from the 50s 60s and 70s. And come on GM has had major recalls to at least Ford didn't take a bailout.
    Sorry your having Problems/Concerns with your New Silverado.....All New Trucks and/or Cars have some degree of problems and some have more than others, G.M./Chevy has had their Fair share, but so has Dodge and Ford,

When you have moment, do a Google Search.....on Recall's for both Ford and Dodge Trucks.....I was taken back when viewing some of the items, they have Recalls on for both Trucks!!!

As mentioned above by ajarman......One Recall from Ford is because(the fuel tank might fall off while driving any day!!!) and one of the Recalls on a.....150,000....2010" Dodge Truck's is a Recall For......Faulty Rear Axle's!!!......

Just because G.M. has had Recall's and Received a Bailout and Ford didn't...........has nothing to do with the way G.M and Ford Builds their Vehicles...... .......As I mentioned above.......All new Vehicles have some Problems.......with that being said, it now comes down to How Each Vehicle Co.....Chevy....Dodge.....Ford....Handles/Deals with the Problems and the Recalls for their Customer's,

The Cars/Trucks back in the 50"s....60's.....70's were very Simple for the Most Part, but they most likely Had Recalls just like we do today.....and they didn't have a lot of the Features and the
    New Technological (Computer's) that are now installed on the Vehicles Today........
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 08-04-2011 at 07:09 PM.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    It is hard to compare cars from the '50s to the cars today. I am not saying GM does not have their falts but a issue with a bow tie is small potatoes. I think you can find issues with any new car, truck and SUV cause you will always hear from the ones complaing and not so much from the ones with trouble free trucks. Just my $0.02
    I agree with this every car will have problems.

yes i had it as well on my 1500. if you are really unhappy the dealer will change it out under warranty but you could always do a mod and replace the emblem with a black on and I have even seen a black sticker to cover the emblem. if my 2011 2500 hd has this happen I will buy a black one.
    hey there is even a thread on blacking it out!

Yes I did Tricia thx for asking, took pix & emailed the owner (I worked for him part time 10 yrs ago), said he'd ck stock & hit me back when he knew they had it, my wife could bring it over & they'd change out while she waited. I would think they'd either change vendor or give them a whack in the head, the '07 HHR did it (replacement was fine) & a '10 vehicle is still doing the same thing.

-R

Just noticed I gotta update my signature.
    -R

'10 Silverado 1500 LS 4.8 & '10 'Nox LT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12