GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'd go with the exhaust too. Fork out few extra dollars for it.(work a little overtime one week, your truck will thank you)
    Coltman
    99 Silverado 1500 Z71
    89 GMC Sierra (First Love) SOLD

Well guys I made a decision. Getting my windows tinted 35% all around next Tuesday. Getting a shop in Dayton, Oh near where I live to do it for $100 labor and all! Not too shabby! I think my GM certification MIGHT cover my speaker problem but I'm not sure. My driver door speaker has been out since I bought the truck in December because I have never had a door chime... it's caused me to lock my keys in the truck twice lol.
    Last edited by AnimalYates; 08-09-2011 at 11:09 PM.
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

I would keep it stock, ride height. The wheels will corner better. And it's easier to get yourself in and out of the driver's seat.
    excessive window tint looks bad to me. from a view point of Outside looking in. I like to be seen as I'm driving. Go with normal/ factory tint

Quote Originally Posted by VictoryRed View Post
    Well guys I made a decision. Getting my windows tinted 35% all around next Tuesday. Getting a shop near where I live in Dayton, Oh to do it for $100 labor and all! Not too shabby! I think my GM certification MIGHT cover my speaker problem but I'm not sure. My driver door speaker has been out since I bought the truck in December because I have never had a door chime... it's caused me to lock my keys in the truck twice lol.
    I agree with going with the tint man! My first mod was tinting my windows since the back glass and two side windows came from the factory tinted except the passenger and driver front windows! I tinted the front passenger/driver to match the factory tint and then tinted 5% on top of that all the way around with a 5% eyebrow on the windshield! I love my truck being dark and keep's it cooler but not too much being i have a black truck! I guess you wanna spend money on factory tint i believe since it's 35% is very light tint but your getting a good deal i guess! Good luck with that you might wanna get them tinted darker in the future though lol!

2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab Lt Z71 5.3 V8
    7.5 Inch Rough Country Suspension Lift
    RBP Replica Grille Black w Chrome Rivets
    Recon Smoked Cab Roof Lights
    N-Fab Powdercoated Gloss black Cab Length Nerf Steps
    5% Tint over 20% all the way around / 5% Eyebrow Strip
    AVS Smoked Window Visors
    Z71 Stickers Black & Metallic Silver
    Tow Mirrors / Smoked Turn Signals
    XM Satellite Radio Fin / Color Matched
    Interior Plastic Pieces / Color Matched
    Power Acoustic Tweeters
    Painted Bowties / Color Matched
    Painted Door Handles / Color Matched
    Smittybilt Bull Bar / Color Matched
    Custom Rolled Edge Exhaust Tips / Color Matched
    Custom 2.5 Inch Cat Back True Dual Exhaust
    Flowmaster Super 40 Series Dual in / Dual out
    Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe
    K&N Air Filter
    18x9 Rockstars Machined Black
    Center Caps / Color Matched
    33.13.50 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    New Front Wheel Well Liners
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Tailights
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Third Brake Light / Smoked
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Halo Projector Headlights
    Notto HID Kit 10,000k Low beams
    Recon L.E.D. Light Bar
    Buschwacker OE Style Tailgate Cap
    AMI Gloss Black Antenna
    Debadged Chrome Lettering
    Door Molding Removed

Default put something on your truck

my dad always told me when i wanted to put something on my truck if they (meaning GMC ) thought that ( meaning what i was going to put on)should have been on there they would have put it on at the factory.
    he got a new truck every year.
    he did get the fancy cab. and chrome grills. he hauled MILK in cans.

Good call on the tints. Personally, I think the blacked out windows help the appearance a lot, breaks up the color a bit, otherwise all that red can be a bit much. Lookin good though
    David

2007 Suburban 1500

2001 Silverado 1500 LS 2WD
    Custom Interior, Rims, Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstarrchevy81 View Post
    I agree with going with the tint man! My first mod was tinting my windows since the back glass and two side windows came from the factory tinted except the passenger and driver front windows! I tinted the front passenger/driver to match the factory tint and then tinted 5% on top of that all the way around with a 5% eyebrow on the windshield! I love my truck being dark and keep's it cooler but not too much being i have a black truck! I guess you wanna spend money on factory tint i believe since it's 35% is very light tint but your getting a good deal i guess! Good luck with that you might wanna get them tinted darker in the future though lol!
    I've been thinkin about this comment and I never knew that the factory tint was 35%? If it is then I might have to go a little darker. I just didn't want to almost BLACK out my windows but I guess 20% aint toooo bad. Might have the get it 20 all the way around or at least 20 on the windshield and back glass. Thanks man
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12