GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Website Update - AUTOSAVE YOUR POSTS! haha

What's the worst thing about being on a forum? Typing out a whole long message and then clicking back (or not being logged in) and then LOSING YOUR WHOLE MESSAGE!

Not any more. We are going an update tonight that will include a new text-editor (pretty cool stuff) that comes with an AUTO SAVE feature. So you can start a new thread, enter a title (that's important) and the system will auto-save your text at set time intervals.

Of course, everyone here should use the FACEBOOK login up above to have very quick logins, and/or click the (Remember me) box when you are entering your user ID and password.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Can you dumb it down for us computer rookies?
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Dumb what down, my message or the autosave system (or something else?)

Legend
    Blog Entries

As far as what we're suppose to do to use it. I have no idea what it is.

I run another site that's called www.couponforum.org. If you want to see some of the changes with posts, I invite you to go to that site, register and post a few messages just for fun and see how the new text editor works.

Legend
    Blog Entries

OK, I'll probably get lost but I'll give it a shot

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by stephan View Post
    As far as what we're suppose to do to use it. I have no idea what it is.
    You don't have to do anything. It will happen on it's own, and when you are in a situation to use it, you'll be glad it's there. Otherwise it will go on working silently in the background.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

It's pretty cool. You will notice a difference and you won't really know what the difference is. Just about 10 minutes.

---------- Post added 07-13-2011 at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-12-2011 at 11:56 PM ----------

It's working for the main theme setting, I have to update the custom theme that everyone uses. Just take a minute folks, I know that no one can post any messages.

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Ok, still a few issues to work out. Trying to get them all ironed out right now.

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Ok, it looks like it's all working. Let me know if there are any issues. Very streamlined text entry boxes now.

Legend
    Blog Entries

lol I got an issue. You blew up the page. It's 2 feet wide now & peeps with 4 or 5 year old pcs with XP have to grab the bar at the bottom & scroll back & forth to read the posts. The other options on the "Quick Style Chooser" (below right at the bottom of the page) got omitted during the update.. There are only 2 now "Mobile Style" & New Main GMTC style" This happend before on another update & you were able to reinstall it. I hope you can put it back this time

Quote Originally Posted by stephan View Post
    lol I got an issue. You blew up the page. It's 2 feet wide now & peeps with 4 or 5 year old pcs with XP have to grab the bar at the bottom & scroll back & forth to read the posts. The other options on the "Quick Style Chooser" (below right at the bottom of the page) got omitted during the update.. There are only 2 now "Mobile Style" & New Main GMTC style" This happend before on another update & you were able to reinstall it. I hope you can put it back this time
    Is this still an issue? I've tested it a few times, I have no issues. If you are still having issues then let me know what type of system you are running, etc.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

I didn't make the new theme the "default" theme, so I'm not sure if that affected anything or not. I just did that, so we'll see if it's ok for everyone for now.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by