GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default 2011 Silverado - Many issues - I think chevy may be junk these days...

Well, I bought my brand new 2011 Silverado 4x4 "all star" package, crewcab a couple months ago. When I went to pick up the truck, the interior was dirty, and there was the shipping glue all over the interior. There was also a snag in the passenger side seat. I pointed all of this out before leaving the lot. Also, the fan in the ceiling right above the drivers head, was making a loud clicking noise... They said they would get it all fixed..

Took it in, they detailed the truck, changed out the fan, and put a new seat cover on the seat.
    A little later, I called my salesman (a friend of mine) and told him that the RightRear door speaker rattled badly at low volumes. He said he would get me a service appt. set up. I took it in, and they said the door panel on that door was warped, and that was causing the rattle. They ordered me a new panel, and that door is fixed. Now depending on the temperature outside, the other 3 doors also rattle at low volumes on the stereo. They seem to rattle much worse on very hot days.

I have also been having problems with the transmission. As I slow down coming to a stop, occassionally instead of downshifting, the transmission seems to upshift, and it pushes the truck forward, as if I gave it more throttle.

After a highway trip, I pulled into my driveway, and the rear tires actually made a "Chirp" as the transmission very poorly downshifted...

In the last few days, the truck has started this shudder. At very slow speeds, the truck shakes, like the engine is misfiring. It happens when you let off the brake and under light throttle, or when your slowing down, it will shake as it comes to a stop.

I mentioned these issues to my salesman, and his response was "Some people are more picky than others" - I took that as, I am being overly critical of the truck. I spent $36k on this truck. I think I have every right to have high expectations on a BRAND NEW TRUCK. Im really regretting buying this thing. I went with a chevy because i have owned over 10 chevy trucks. This is the first one that I regret buying.

I have had chevy trucks with a th350, th400, 700r4, 4l60e, and an express van with a 4l80e transmission and NONE of them shifted as poorly as this truck.

Anyone want to buy a junk brand new truck? Only has 1500 miles!!

If any GM rep is here, I would like to be in contact with you directly. I am 100% NOT pleased with this truck.
    Last edited by tawd77; 06-13-2011 at 01:04 AM. Reason: ...

I can verify basically all the same exact issues with my 2011 "All Star" Z71.

I even posted about the shaking at low speed issue. My dealership has verified the issue in other similar trucks, and currently there is no fix for it from GM. I've called their 800 number, but have not had any resolution yet. You should be able to find my thread here on this issue.

The downshift issue is one that's been a GM normal in their trucks for many years, not just 2011. Not sure why they haven't done much about this. I'd recommend looking into aftermarket transmission recalibration. Many here in this forum and others swear by this approach. Personally, I'll just live with it myself as it doesn't seem to affect me much. Though it does seem to happen a lot more with 6 speeds rather than the old 4 speed transmissions.

The rattle above your head seems to be a GM issue accross many vehicles. I say this because my 2011 Silverado is my 9th GM product over many years. (I've loved seeing the overall quality go up and up and up...) I can remember only one that didn't have this same exact rattle above the driver's head. It's not a fan, as there is no fan there. What I've found that is that this is where the wiring for the overhead light (and/or other equipment) runs, and is sometimes loose. This wire will rattle at times as you travel down the road or other situations. If you're OK with pulling the headliner down a bit at the driver's door you should be able to find and tape down or pad this wire.

Keep us updated on any changes.

Nargg

The problem with the "bump" feel at a stop is a problem with the yolk on the drive shaft....it feels like someone lightly tapped your truck on the rear bumper right? I would always look back to see if some hit me from behind. There was a TSB for my year (2008 Sierra) but it may cover other years. Have your Service Dept look in to it.

It is a easy fix and takes a day for them to do....it may even take care of the shudder problem.

I must say I have not had the problems you describe with customer service from my GMC dealership here in Tucson, however, mention to your dealer that you will check " unsatisfied" in any surveys your receive and I bet you get their attention quickly.

Those surveys mean bonus money to dealers and it also helps them keep them in the good graces of GM if it comes down to closing dealerships in your town.

Thats info the GM service person wont tell you:

sad..... but money talks....the BS walks.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

I would be happy to look into this further for you. In order to do so, I will need some more specific information from you. If you could please send me your full name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, current mileage, and the name of the the dealership that you are working with via private message, I will be able to take further steps. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

I am also having issues with my 2011 1500 silverado LS.
    I have made a thread about it already and i am 100% not happy with my purchase.

This is my second Chev Silverado and my First brand new truck purchase...i will never buy another Chev/GMC again, i will also point anyone who i talk to about new truck in some other direction.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilDawson View Post
    I am also having issues with my 2011 1500 silverado LS.
    I have made a thread about it already and i am 100% not happy with my purchase.

This is my second Chev Silverado and my First brand new truck purchase...i will never buy another Chev/GMC again, i will also point anyone who i talk to about new truck in some other direction.
    I would be happy to look into your concerns as well. It would be helpful to have more information regarding your experiences. Please feel free to contact me via private message. Feel free to also include your full name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, current mileage, and dealer name via private message, I will be able to take further steps. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post
    The problem with the "bump" feel at a stop is a problem with the yolk on the drive shaft....it feels like someone lightly tapped your truck on the rear bumper right? I would always look back to see if some hit me from behind. There was a TSB for my year (2008 Sierra) but it may cover other years. Have your Service Dept look in to it.
    I have a similar problem and I drive an '08 Silverado. Do you know where I could find this TSB? Seems like it'd be smart to have a print out in hand when I go to the dealer. I got a letter a little while back about some 2008 models having bad spark plug wire boots that I'm going to take in with me since my truck has a pretty rough idle that matches the symptoms described in the letter.
    2008 Blue Granite W/T
    ✔ Line-X
    ✔ Leveling Kit
    ✔ K&N Air Filter
    ✔ Bed Rail Caps
    ✔ 265/70R18 Michelin LTX M/S2
    ✔ All 4 Infinity Kappa Speakers
    ✔ Sound Ordnance B-8PT Powered Sub
    ✔ JVC Arsenal KD-AHD79 Head Unit + GMOS

Sorry for the slow update. GM called and got an appointment set up to have my truck go back to service. Went to the dealership, dropped off my
    truck and got a loaner van ( a loaner van that had a half full been can in the rear cupholder where my daughter was sitting). They call at the end
    of the day and tell me the transmission seemed to be working as it should. They had a tech drive the truck, noticed no problems. No trouble codes
    were stored in the computer.

All the problems that I am having come and go. I have told them that over and over. They said if I have another problem with the transmission, bring
    it in immediately and they will have a tech go for a ride with me to witness it. Well, when the transmission shifts poorly, it usually only happens once,
    maybe twice at a time. Then it could be hours, or possibly til the next day before it messes up again. Im not going to rush to the GM service center
    each time my truck shifts wrong, just to have it not do it again for a tech.

So, Since it didnt happen to shift poorly when the tech drove it, I am still stuck with a truck that has problems shifting correctly. They also looked into
    my door panels rattling. They said all they could hear is a rattle in my dash, and adjusted it. On the ride home from the dealership, one of the rear door
    \panels was rattling badly, so I just turned the radio off...

The bouncy idle mainly happens once it sits overnight, on a cold start. The dealership didnt have the truck long enough for it to cold start, and have a
    bouncy idle, so obviously they didnt notice a problem there either...

I don't know if I got a lemon, or if all Chevy/GMC's are this problematic... But honestly, I have NEVER had a Chevy truck I didn't like, til now. I honestly
    feel like I got hosed out of my $35k -

GM, Buy the truck back from me. Or at least take it back and give me another identical new truck, maybe I got a lemon. My truck has 1800 miles,
    In MINT garage kept condition, with no modifications other than the dealership installed mudflaps. Resell it and make it someone elses problem. I have been in contact with you about transmission shifting problem since around 300 miles. I AM NOT happy with this truck, and if something isn't done about it, me,
    my wife, and any family/friends that I can convince, will NOT be buying another GM product.

i had a 03 gmc before this 06 chevy 1500 .... when i had the gmc i got all kinds of questioniers and promotional responce in the mail.
    with this chevy noting like i didn't exsist. when you start reading these forums it makes you wonder how they are still in business.

Good luck to you all with getn these issues resolved! HUGE PROPS to the GM rep. All over it for you!

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

This is what customers like to see!!! Taking care of them when no one else will... 2 thumbs up tricia!!
    "Goody"
    2007 Z71 Silverado :great:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast