GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Wynns Warranty

Exclamation Wynns Warranty

So im having a real big problem with these guys, ( and so you know Im currently deployed and my dad is my power of attorney)
    Here is the back story real quick, My dad had taken my truck to the shop cause the abs was kicking in and the mechanic, dean (which my dad has grew up with him his whole life (real good friends) and been a mechanic for 25 years) hooked the machine up to it and told him that the abs sensor was going bad, so he fixed that and then told us that we probly have to replace the electronic brake module (or something like that not entirely sure) cause it was shorting out but i told him i would wait since it cost alot of money, well my dad was driving it home and he said that he could feel a vibration from the brakes and dean said thats cause of the module, well we had it taken back to the shop and wanted to have Wynns warranty cover it (since i bought their warranty with my truck) And they were like yes we'll cover it and it was gonna be like 500 and some change total and i had to pay 100 deductible. I said fine so that dean could go ahead and start working on it, then he was seeing that the hub had been messed up cause of this faulty module. and then called them back to tell them this problem and now they're refusing to cover it now. heres the email from my dad

the warranty company won't change there mind so i hope you can pay for all this
    an just deal with them when you get home they are trying to say that dean didn't
    figure what the right thing that was wrong dean told them that the abs modem was shorted
    out an that is what made the hub mess up but they said there mechanic said that only the hub was
    the only thing that needed to be replaced they basically cussed at dean saying he was wrong
    an didn't know what he was talking about dean said he was a mechanic for over 25 years an
    he knew what was wrong with your truck but they won't change there mind
    an they will not pay any labor or the abs modem or the hub thing they say it's deans fault
    an dean got real mad with them said to tell you he is sorry but he can't do warranty work
    for them any more they authorized everything till they got the final price then they started
    saying all that bull **** about stuff not needing to be done so that is why it is 700 to get your truck
    an i am sorry but there is nothing i can do they want to talk with you
    ttyl dad

And this is bull**** (excuse my language), but they said they were gonna cover this at first and i just pay the $100, and that was fine. But if i knew they weren't gonna cover it i would of not gotten the work done. Cause 700 is alot of money compared to 100. And thats just wrong cause they were gonna cover it till he added that the hub needed to be placed. And now they're saying that a 25 year mechanic does not know what his is doing by they're mechanic (who probly some stupid ass college retard mechanic that thinks he all smart). And i don't know a ton about mechanic work, but i do know from pretty much common sense you cant always diagnose problems from over the phone, you got to sometimes be there to see a problem first hand, cause its not always gonna be the same fix everytime. There is a lot factors when it comes to moving parts in a vehicle.

My dad was saying to file a claim against them and i will and i will call them the second i get home from Afghanistan (which will be about 10 days) and bitch them out.
    But does anyone know what i can do about this? Cause it is wrong to the customer saying they will cover it and then go back and say no theyre not and now i got to pay for everything

2006 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab
    3" Body and 2" Level Kit by Performance Accessories
    FlowMasters American Thunder Dual Exhaust
    Cobra CB radio with a PA speaker
    Westin Brush Guard with 2 KC offroad lights
    Spectre Performance Cold Air Intake with a Airaid TBS
    35/12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers M/T on 17x9 Ballistic Wizard Rims
    Tractor Supply Black Diamond Low Profile Toolbox, with 8' Whip antenna
    Big "Redneck" sticker and aftermarket confederate Z71 Sticker

You may have to pay the bill , get the truck back then see how if any grievance process they may have. I have never bought extended warranties so iam not sure how that works. I know some of them have preffered shops that you need to take the vehicle to.

You may have to keep on them to get them to pay...sounds like they are trying to use every possible thing that didn't go right with the diagnosis to get out of it.

What year is the truck?

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post
    You may have to pay the bill , get the truck back then see how if any grievance process they may have. I have never bought extended warranties so iam not sure how that works. I know some of them have preffered shops that you need to take the vehicle to.

You may have to keep on them to get them to pay...sounds like they are trying to use every possible thing that didn't go right with the diagnosis to get out of it.

What year is the truck?
    Thanks, and my truck is a 2006 Silverado
    And thats what me and my dad were saying that they were trying to make an excuse to not pay it. We got a confirmation # from them to do the work on my truck with it was first the module. And the Dean made a Verbal agreement to do the work also. So thats them saying yes they will pay for that part and ill pay the deductible . And since the computer was saying that brake module was bad thats the reason he replaced it and when it was fixed it then it said the hub was bad. They are still responsible for what they were suppose to cover atleast.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Good luck with them. I hate wynns and will never buy another warranty like that. I had a 01 Regal and the tranny went out. they would only cover the cost of a used tranny. I paid the shop $700 extra to do a full rebuild.. They shop was awsome since they didnt actually charge me for a few things.. But still retarded!
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Being that this is a third party warranty, you would need to work this out with them directly. Please feel free to keep me posted. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Thank You for your service. I hope everyone here sees how these after market warranty companies are promising everything and delivering nothing. It should outrage everyone that a person putting their life on the line for our Nation gets hosed while they are half way around the world. How do you spell bastard? W-Y-N-N-S

When you get home, check your local news services. One of them would love to tell that story!
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.
    Because life is too short to drive a Ford