GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2002 Duramax Diesel 2500HD annoying and possible bad problem

I have a 2002 2500HD with an allison transmission also I have a edge clip for better performance/gas mileage. I had the transmission fixed about 5 months ago and ever since that whenever I hit the breaks I hear what sounds like a grinding noise coming from the rear. I had an "expert" listen to the sound and he said he's never heard anything like it, he went outside the truck after the test drive for less than a minute and he came to the conclusion that the emergency break lines were rubbing together, he rubbed grease all over the two cables and sent us on our way. the sound is still there!!!! I think it kind of sounds like a semi slamming on its breaks, like rubber stopping on pavement.

another quick update from the transmission shop that tested it out. they said it could be a possible drive shaft problem, whenever he applied the breaks in drive it made the weird noise. he popped it into neutral and applied the same amount of break going the same speed and the sound never occurred. he tried it multiple times. so if anyone has any friendly advice that would be great!

U joints maybe??? I'm not too sure, I've never heard of an issue like this before.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Welcome to the club, jivankovich!! Just wondering, is the truck 2wd or 4x4? How many miles on truck?
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

U-Joints were just replaced, and thank you silveradotralblazer! Its 4x4 and it has about 270,000 miles on it.