GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Transmission Questions.

Hi I'm new. ( also new to driving a pick-up )

Little over a year ago I bought a 2010 Sierra 4x4 1500 Ext cab 4.8L Nevada Edition brand new. Now I have noticed that say if I was to go and pass someone and put it right to the floor it seems that it hesitates before the power really kicks in and it kind of jolts the truck a bit. And also occasionally when I turn a corner the rear end can sometimes make a rough clunking noise and jolt the truck also.

I am starting to worry the there is damage being caused by all this. It has done it since the day I bought the truck so for awhile I thought it was normal, and also the dealership said it was normal also, but I am starting to not believe them.

I looked through the forums and could not find anything on this, so I am wondering if this is normal and if not how in the world do I get my dealership to fix this if they continue to say it is normal. I only have 76000 KM on the truck and its just over a year old.

I was going to ask about the clunk when I change from park/reverse/drive but I saw the thread where everyone says that is normal.

Thanks

Have you spoken with Customer Assistance regarding your concern? I can also look into this issue further. In order to do more research, I will need some more specific information from you such as your name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, current mileage, and dealer name. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me either on the thread or via private message. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

I talked to the dealership about it and they say it is normal, but over the last year I have come not to trust them. It only has 76300 KM on it (Live in Canada). Vin is = 1GTSKUEA1AZ208963

Quote Originally Posted by Shadwa View Post
    Hi I'm new. ( also new to driving a pick-up )

Little over a year ago I bought a 2010 Sierra 4x4 1500 Ext cab 4.8L Nevada Edition brand new. Now I have noticed that say if I was to go and pass someone and put it right to the floor it seems that it hesitates before the power really kicks in and it kind of jolts the truck a bit. And also occasionally when I turn a corner the rear end can sometimes make a rough clunking noise and jolt the truck also.

I am starting to worry the there is damage being caused by all this. It has done it since the day I bought the truck so for awhile I thought it was normal, and also the dealership said it was normal also, but I am starting to not believe them.

I looked through the forums and could not find anything on this, so I am wondering if this is normal and if not how in the world do I get my dealership to fix this if they continue to say it is normal. I only have 76000 KM on the truck and its just over a year old.

I was going to ask about the clunk when I change from park/reverse/drive but I saw the thread where everyone says that is normal.

Thanks
    Now, I'm not a professional, but this is just my opinion.

The Hesitation you are talking about I would think is the truck coming out of overdrive. You'll have that with almost any overdrive tranny. (one of the reasons I don't have an overdrive tranny, swapped 700R for a 350 Turbo). And I think the "Clunk" Is just everything in your powertrain catching together. There's a little play from the tranny back to the differential, so when the tranny throws power to it, everything kinda hits together. My truck does this every time i change from park/neutral to drive/reverse.
    Coltman
    99 Silverado 1500 Z71
    89 GMC Sierra (First Love) SOLD

Yeah i would have to agree with the above. My rear clunks - 2000 1500 with 126K You may have the g80 limited slip which may contribute to that clunk you hear.You can check by looking for the rop codes in the glove box. G80 is the rpo for the g80 limited slip rear.
    Hope this helps
    -Dan
    '00 1500 4x4 4.8l
    single glasspack
    daily driver/workhorse

Quote Originally Posted by Shadwa View Post
    I talked to the dealership about it and they say it is normal, but over the last year I have come not to trust them. It only has 76300 KM on it (Live in Canada). Vin is = 1GTSKUEA1AZ208963
    Unfortunately I primarily specialize in working with customers in the US. However, I would recommend contacting GM of Canada at 800-263-3777. The hours of operation are M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm, Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST. I hope this helps. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.