GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default New to Site, Couple of general questions about my truck.

Acquired myself a beautiful 92 Chevrolet Silverado 1500.

I have already changed out the brake/stop switch to fix a cruise control and brake light problem.

No the check engine light comes on and off at random intervals. When Coded, I get a 44, Qxygen Sensor Lean Condition.

What could cause this besides a bad sensor, how is the best way to test the sensor?

Also, does anyone know where I can get the plastic bushings on the mirrors that hold them in place from swinging back and forth? I cannot tighten the screws up any more, but cannot locate the bushing anywhere. (haven't called dealership yet.. but will if need be)

And lastly. The factory radio powers up, but unresponsive. Stays on station 98.1, volume at level 4, when you hit buttons (seek, clock, balance, etc) the screen will change to the mode but nothing changes. Station wont change. Volume wont change. Any suggestions short of a replacement?

Thanks.

Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am75 View Post
    Acquired myself a beautiful 92 Chevrolet Silverado 1500.

I have already changed out the brake/stop switch to fix a cruise control and brake light problem.

No the check engine light comes on and off at random intervals. When Coded, I get a 44, Qxygen Sensor Lean Condition.

What could cause this besides a bad sensor, how is the best way to test the sensor?

Also, does anyone know where I can get the plastic bushings on the mirrors that hold them in place from swinging back and forth? I cannot tighten the screws up any more, but cannot locate the bushing anywhere. (haven't called dealership yet.. but will if need be)

And lastly. The factory radio powers up, but unresponsive. Stays on station 98.1, volume at level 4, when you hit buttons (seek, clock, balance, etc) the screen will change to the mode but nothing changes. Station wont change. Volume wont change. Any suggestions short of a replacement?

Thanks.

Sam.
    On Trouble Code....44, some of the Possible causes include,

1. O2 sensor defective or lead shorted (A plugged catalytic converter will render the O2 sensor defective)
    2. Lean injectors (dirty or blocked)
    3. Water in fuel
    4. Exhaust leaks upstream of O2 sensor
    5. Fuel pressure too low

On the Plastic Bushing's for the Mirror's, some of the outlets to check are.....G.M.Parts Club.....C/R Resto and G.M.Parts Direct.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN