GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: true duals

Default true duals

whos got it done?im goin for it,2.5 inch from cats back to x pipe, and a dual in/out cherrybomb vortex, then 2 feet of pipe and dumped just in front of the axle, how was the power difference? i got a diablo on 87 tune and a cold air intake to go on so hopefully this will free up some power. if you ditched the factory y in place of an x show me some pics..here's a crude paint drawing of what im lookin to do, you get the idea
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails exhaust layout.jpg  
    2010 silverado WT, 4.8lt,3.42's,came with nothing, goodies include, 33" pro comp tires,ready-lift level kit, MBRP Exhaust,bull-bar with 6inch hella 500's and dezee step bars.upgraded to white bumper corners with fogs,chrome grill,mirrors and doorhandles and a color matched A.R.E roof level Cap.

Is it true duals if the pipes connect via and X/H pipe or two in two out muffler?
    When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses not zebras.

x pipe after cats, and a dual in dual out muffler, i dont see the need for 2 mufflers when its a straight through design...true duals mean you have a dedicated pipe for each side of the motor the x pipe just balances exhaust flow from each side of the engine.
    2010 silverado WT, 4.8lt,3.42's,came with nothing, goodies include, 33" pro comp tires,ready-lift level kit, MBRP Exhaust,bull-bar with 6inch hella 500's and dezee step bars.upgraded to white bumper corners with fogs,chrome grill,mirrors and doorhandles and a color matched A.R.E roof level Cap.

anyone ????

I thought True-Dual was 2 of everything and they didn't crossover???
    and sents I was about to post close to the same thing whats the difference of a mufflers Configuration? dose it matter what I use? I found center/center cheaper in price then off/off.
    Last edited by Kagami-Suburban; 08-15-2011 at 11:22 AM.

muffler choice is up too you and what will fit, there no power or sound difference in a off/off vs a cen/cen, im lookin to get a dual in dual out out so i dont have to buy 2 mufflers.i just wanted to know if anyone had this done , what kind of results did it yield.

This is just my opinion, but I always thought "true duals" includes two mufflers. Now days a lot of newer trucks are runnnig a dual in/out muffler stock. If your going to do "true duals", you should to it the true way.(again this is just my opion)

True duals are over rated I think, yeah, it's cool to say you have it, but in all honesty, it doesn't matter, if you have a nice free flowing exhaust, then one muffler works fine. Plus, using one muffler makes things quieter, so you can actually have a conversation on the highway.
    1994 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 350 cuin TBI in dark Chevy blue
    160,000+ miles
    Original paint
    Original interior
    Original engine and tranny
    wrecked twice stolen once
    Diamond Plate bed rails
    Power windows
    Original Alloy wheels
    Original fancy smancy cup holder
    Tow package
    Original plastic bed liner
    K&N Cone Air Intake
    Dual MagnaFlow exhaust(not true dual) with chrome tips
    MSD Street Fire Performance Ignition coil

Leave the x out !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by newfiebullet View Post
    whos got it done?im goin for it,2.5 inch from cats back to x pipe, and a dual in/out cherrybomb vortex, then 2 feet of pipe and dumped just in front of the axle, how was the power difference? I got a diablo on 87 tune and a cold air intake to go on so hopefully this will free up some power. If you ditched the factory y in place of an x show me some pics..here's a crude paint drawing of what im lookin to do, you get the idea

1996 Suburban K3500 SLT DUALLY
    1988 Camaro RS 383 stroker LT1
    1992 32' Aero-tek Race Boat, 600 CI BBC
    WE CAN STICK A DIESEL IN ANYTHING
    SPECIALIZED IN CUSTOM CONVERSIONS OF ANY KIND
    Scott:glasses:

one muffler with two 2.5 inch pipes will flow just fine...its a straight through, im ditching the y because its just not effient enough, and my last truck i had duals without an x and it sounded like crap, after the x it was much better and a touch quieter, im not lookin for really loud, just want a little extra performance, between the exhaust cai and diablo i should be happy with the end result, just wish the torque management would piss off a little