GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default DeeZee Bed rail caps - Any thoughts on em? good or bad?

Well guys, I've been thinking about getting some bed rail protection. As its bound to happen got a few small scratches in the paint and the odd little dime size light dent in them since I use my truck as a truck and not a grocery getter. I've been thinking about getting the DeeZee wrap tread plate style covers to go along with the deezee low pro box I just snagged for $150. Any thoughts on the covers? Good? Bad? worth the $130 or so? I won't put plastic ones on and I plan to replace the bed liner with line-x down the road. But I figure they'll do good for now and could even keep them after the line-x as well. Heres a pic with the new bed box, think it'll be too much tread plateish on the back?

And sorry can't seem to insert the image of the bed rails, but here's the direct link.

http://www.deezee.com/products/240/Truck_Bed_Rail_Protection/Side_Bed_Caps/Black_Tread_Wrap_Side_Bed_Caps.html?right_select_y ear=2010&right_select_make=19&right_select_model=8 34
    2010 Sierra Nevada Edition
    4.8L Ext. cab - Black Z85 4x4 G80
    Shaved a couple badges and 4x4 stickers, DeeZee Red label Low Pro gloss black Brite plate cross box,DeeZee gloss black Brite plate bed rail caps , K&N,more to come.

The diamond plate DO scratch the paint under them because of bed flex. I've seen rust then run down the sides of the truck beds and stain the paint. If your planning on have Line-X sprayed on in the future then I would temporarly install the plastic ones.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

yar.. well I just went and put in a deposit.. and paid an extra $20 for them to be over nighted up here, rather then wait 3 weeks..

I got some foam tape at work and I might run it along the outter edges of the caps before I put them on. I mainly wanted them so the box sits on them instead of the bed and like a moron didn't really think that far down the line that they too will just end up scratching my paint.

Ah well.. what can you do. They should be installed by tomorrow night might have some new pics up over the weekend.

Just keep a eye for rust running down on the paint. If you remove it in a reasonable amount of time it shouldn't stain the paint. Try to keep the bed sides waxed to help keep the rust fom staining. Do this until you do the Line-X.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    yar.. well I just went and put in a deposit.. and paid an extra $20 for them to be over nighted up here, rather then wait 3 weeks..

I got some foam tape at work and I might run it along the outter edges of the caps before I put them on. I mainly wanted them so the box sits on them instead of the bed and like a moron didn't really think that far down the line that they too will just end up scratching my paint.

Ah well.. what can you do. They should be installed by tomorrow night might have some new pics up over the weekend.
    I just bought me the Buschwacker OE style tailgate cap to replace the factory one and it looks WAY better! The cap is smooth and is even ready to paint and it's very easy to install too. I ordered it from www.autoanything.com here is a link to it... http://www.autoanything.com/bed-caps...0A2635089.aspx

2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab Lt Z71 5.3 V8
    7.5 Inch Rough Country Suspension Lift
    RBP Replica Grille Black w Chrome Rivets
    Recon Smoked Cab Roof Lights
    N-Fab Powdercoated Gloss black Cab Length Nerf Steps
    5% Tint over 20% all the way around / 5% Eyebrow Strip
    AVS Smoked Window Visors
    Z71 Stickers Black & Metallic Silver
    Tow Mirrors / Smoked Turn Signals
    XM Satellite Radio Fin / Color Matched
    Interior Plastic Pieces / Color Matched
    Power Acoustic Tweeters
    Painted Bowties / Color Matched
    Painted Door Handles / Color Matched
    Smittybilt Bull Bar / Color Matched
    Custom Rolled Edge Exhaust Tips / Color Matched
    Custom 2.5 Inch Cat Back True Dual Exhaust
    Flowmaster Super 40 Series Dual in / Dual out
    Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe
    K&N Air Filter
    18x9 Rockstars Machined Black
    Center Caps / Color Matched
    33.13.50 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    New Front Wheel Well Liners
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Tailights
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Third Brake Light / Smoked
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Halo Projector Headlights
    Notto HID Kit 10,000k Low beams
    Recon L.E.D. Light Bar
    Buschwacker OE Style Tailgate Cap
    AMI Gloss Black Antenna
    Debadged Chrome Lettering
    Door Molding Removed

picked em up and installed them.. after having to return the first ones they gave me as they were for a chevy. I really didn't think the beds were all that different, but they sure are. I'll post some pictures, I added a few strips of molding tape to the lower lip of them to hopefully keep them away from my paint lol

I think they look bomb, only time will tell if the extra 3M tape I put on around the edges will stop it from muffin up the paint badly.

They look good.

Thanks I must agreee with ya, though I'm kinda bias

ive been meaning to get some bed rail caps for my truck, just havny done it yet. the toolbox i have had some good foam padding on the under side of the lip and so far it seems to be working.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by