GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Headlight Switch Issue....

I am having an issue with my headlight switch, I think its looking like a bad switch. When I turn the headlight switch to the left to turn the headlights on(from auto), nothing happens. Maybe one out of 20 times the parking lights came on only. But for the most part nothing happens.

If I have the fogs on, the fogs stay on as it should when turning the headlights on and the fogs turn off when I turn the light switch again as they should. I am 90% sure its the switch, but this part makes me think there may be something else. If that function of the switch was bad wouldn't the fogs just stay on instead of turning off with the headlights?

If I turn the switch to "On", the headlights come on fine. They also come on when set to "Auto" and the sun goes down enough to trigger the auto sensor.

I don't think any of this matters but will mention it anyway -

2008 Sierra with HIDs projector CCFL Halos.
    Last edited by sstoner911; 08-15-2011 at 08:55 PM.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

you gone over all the components of the HID kit make sure there's nothing loose or getting real wet?
    2010 Sierra Nevada Edition
    4.8L Ext. cab - Black Z85 4x4 G80
    Shaved a couple badges and 4x4 stickers, DeeZee Red label Low Pro gloss black Brite plate cross box,DeeZee gloss black Brite plate bed rail caps , K&N,more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    you gone over all the components of the HID kit make sure there's nothing loose or getting real wet?
    I haven't checked them, the wettest the truck gets is at the car wash! Its rained here on and off but nothing major...heck it usually rains on the opposite ends of town from me

Have you brought this to the attention of your local dealer? Please feel free to keep me posted regarding the situation. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Quote Originally Posted by GM Customer Service View Post
    Have you brought this to the attention of your local dealer? Please feel free to keep me posted regarding the situation. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
    Iam sure your intentions are good but there is no point in going to a dealership for this issue. That's the beauty of websites like this, they offer help to those who don't have warrantties and are looking for advice on how to fix problems without getting raked over the coals in dealership repair fees.

You should ask me about my 160.00 dollar spark plug from a local dealership.

The switch is 67.00 from the dealer....I can get it shipped for 43.00 off the web. At this point the switch works other than that one function....I use that function maybe twice a year! I just leave it on auto and let it do its thing....