GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I know I shouldn't rush getting a new truck since mine now is perfectly fine lol but I guess I'm just never content. I think I might like the 03-07 classic body better anyway. I just want something with more balls like the 5.3 or 6.0! But in the near future I want to get it straight piped, leveled or lifted, a grille, and white daytona gauges. It'll be pretty sweet here in the next few months. Hopefully I can get nominated for Ride of the Month sometime this fall? Thats definitely a goal to aim for!
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

Quote Originally Posted by VictoryRed View Post
    I know I shouldn't rush getting a new truck since mine now is perfectly fine lol but I guess I'm just never content. I think I might like the 03-07 classic body better anyway. I just want something with more balls like the 5.3 or 6.0! But in the near future I want to get it straight piped, leveled or lifted, a grille, and white daytona gauges. It'll be pretty sweet here in the next few months. Hopefully I can get nominated for Ride of the Month sometime this fall? Thats definitely a goal to aim for!
    I agree man. I like my truck and everything but i guess i'm a person that get's tired of vehicles after awhile but who knows until i just about have this truck paid off what i'm gonna do. I was thinking about doing a trade in but could make more selling it out right myself for sure then proceed to ordering my custom duramax. I feel why you would want a truck with more pep in it since you have the 4.3 and i have the 5.3 but i wanna go to the 6.6 Liter duramax lol!!

2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab Lt Z71 5.3 V8
    7.5 Inch Rough Country Suspension Lift
    RBP Replica Grille Black w Chrome Rivets
    Recon Smoked Cab Roof Lights
    N-Fab Powdercoated Gloss black Cab Length Nerf Steps
    5% Tint over 20% all the way around / 5% Eyebrow Strip
    AVS Smoked Window Visors
    Z71 Stickers Black & Metallic Silver
    Tow Mirrors / Smoked Turn Signals
    XM Satellite Radio Fin / Color Matched
    Interior Plastic Pieces / Color Matched
    Power Acoustic Tweeters
    Painted Bowties / Color Matched
    Painted Door Handles / Color Matched
    Smittybilt Bull Bar / Color Matched
    Custom Rolled Edge Exhaust Tips / Color Matched
    Custom 2.5 Inch Cat Back True Dual Exhaust
    Flowmaster Super 40 Series Dual in / Dual out
    Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe
    K&N Air Filter
    18x9 Rockstars Machined Black
    Center Caps / Color Matched
    33.13.50 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    New Front Wheel Well Liners
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Tailights
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Third Brake Light / Smoked
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Halo Projector Headlights
    Notto HID Kit 10,000k Low beams
    Recon L.E.D. Light Bar
    Buschwacker OE Style Tailgate Cap
    AMI Gloss Black Antenna
    Debadged Chrome Lettering
    Door Molding Removed

Looks good man. you should also notice that it will help keep you a little cooler when the suns beaten on you through the window.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Looks good bro. I just my fronts tinted to match the back factory tint. I don't feel like having to roll down the windows every time I see a popo. I got a really good deal on it too, FREE! LOL! I love the fact that I can leave the windows up all day long and when I go get it in it the temp. is not boiling my skin.
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstarrchevy81 View Post
    I agree man. I like my truck and everything but i guess i'm a person that get's tired of vehicles after awhile but who knows until i just about have this truck paid off what i'm gonna do. I was thinking about doing a trade in but could make more selling it out right myself for sure then proceed to ordering my custom duramax. I feel why you would want a truck with more pep in it since you have the 4.3 and i have the 5.3 but i wanna go to the 6.6 Liter duramax lol!!
    Yeah I'm the same way. I LOVE my truck don't get me wrong, but I feel like I'm cheating on it haha. I always catch myself looking at other trucks on the road and online. LOL. My main beef with it is I want a crew cab, no reason really though. Its not like I have a family or anything yet. And I have never driven a duramax or been around them very much so I want a gas engine for my next ride. Diesels just seem to complicated but then again I'm a novice and could be wrong. I really want a crew cab 2500hd with the 6.0 for my next truck. But we'll see haha. For now I'm gonna make old red so awesome that when I go to sell it I'll have like 7 offers! lol.

And to dsfloyd and Mean Green, I have yet to notice the temp change. I guess I'll find out tomorrow after I get off work when its been sitting in direct sunlight all day... I'm kind of excited!
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Mean_Green_95 View Post
    Looks good bro. I just my fronts tinted to match the back factory tint. I don't feel like having to roll down the windows every time I see a popo. I got a really good deal on it too, FREE! LOL! I love the fact that I can leave the windows up all day long and when I go get it in it the temp. is not boiling my skin.
    Yeah that's the first thing i did to my truck was tint the front to match the rest and then followed it up with 5% tint all the way around with the eyebrow on windshield. I don't see where you would have to roll your windows down or can't see backing up you just can't as good as before but i do got after market lighting on my truck lol so i can still see good thru back glass and others. Idk how i guess the Iraq Vet tag cops don't mess with me and somes in my unit and most know me but i see a point with getting a tint ticket!!

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by VictoryRed View Post
    Yeah I'm the same way. I LOVE my truck don't get me wrong, but I feel like I'm cheating on it haha. I always catch myself looking at other trucks on the road and online. LOL. My main beef with it is I want a crew cab, no reason really though. Its not like I have a family or anything yet. And I have never driven a duramax or been around them very much so I want a gas engine for my next ride. Diesels just seem to complicated but then again I'm a novice and could be wrong. I really want a crew cab 2500hd with the 6.0 for my next truck. But we'll see haha. For now I'm gonna make old red so awesome that when I go to sell it I'll have like 7 offers! lol.

And to dsfloyd and Mean Green, I have yet to notice the temp change. I guess I'll find out tomorrow after I get off work when its been sitting in direct sunlight all day... I'm kind of excited!

I know one thing man if you test drove a duramax with that hoss of a engine you would wanna buy one for sure! I drove one before one time and fell in love with the Duramax 6.6 turbo diesel. Also they will last allot longer than gas engines and you really can't put wear and tear or "Rag them out" like gas engines because there built for it. I wouldn't mod the outside if i got that truck most of it will go in the motor and a leveling kit and tires and rims and the motor and how fast it would be could speak for itself!

AVS Smoked Window Visors
    Power Acoustic Tweeters
    Painted Bowties / Color Matched
    Painted Door Handles / Color Matched
    Smittybilt Bull Bar / Color Matched
    Custom Rolled Edge Exhaust Tips / Color Matched
    Custom 2.5 Inch Cat Back True Dual Exhaust
    Flowmaster Super 40 Series Dual in / Dual out
    Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe
    K&N Air Filter
    18x9 Rockstars Machined Black
    Center Caps / Color Matched
    33.13.50 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    New Front Wheel Well Liners
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Tailights
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Third Brake Light / Smoked
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Halo Projector Headlights
    Notto HID Kit 10,000k Low beams
    Recon L.E.D. Light Bar
    Buschwacker OE Style Tailgate Cap
    AMI Gloss Black Antenna
    Debadged Chrome Lettering
    Door Molding Removed

Your Truck is looking GOOD! Sweet move on the tint all the way around!

Sigh...I gotta get my front doors done to match the rears, tint looks great, you are making progress!
    Adam

looks awesome, i gotta do my front asap!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLK-Z71 View Post
    looks awesome, i gotta do my front asap!!
    Black it out!!

AVS Smoked Window Visors