GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Or maybe it's just good product placement and a number of other filters can do just as well? Food for thought...
    Aah yes! Marketing marketing marketing! Those engines are only used for one race. I kind of have to believe that a coffee filter would probably do the job for that. Don't put too much faith in marketing strategies. That's what I do for a living and I can tell you that many of these companies come up with more lies and fabrication than truth! When is the last time you actually SAW a brand new pick up truck for $13,995? Who have you ever met that actually gained 20HP from a TBI spacer or a cold air intake? I read car dealer commercials every day, but I have YET to see a new truck for the advertised price! (It is a base line stripper model that has to be ordered from the factory... even MORE of a stripper than the "regular" baseline trucks, but notice that teh truck they are showing you when they say the price is a fully loaded, "Texas Caddy"... and you AIN'T gettin' THAT one for any $14k!)

I like AC/Delco... It's what it came with. Price and all things being equal, Given the choice between a GM Crate engine and an Auto Zone engine, which would YOU rather buy? Just sayin'!
    Last edited by moogvo; 03-23-2012 at 10:42 AM.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12