GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Wink Installed a Pioneer AVH-2300DVD

Like the title says, I just installed a dvd player in my truck. I got it from Best Buy. It's usually $350 but I got it on sale for $300. It is bluetooth and navi ready, so if I wanted to add those I'd just have to get the attachments. I installed it without having to get a new dash bezel. I used an install kit from a local audio shop, and two small wood blocks to give the install kit something to screw to. I had to shave the top of the bezel opening to clear the cd slot, but no problem.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0084.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	29456

I'm extremely happy with quality of the product. I love the sound and video quality, as well as the overall look of the unit.

Let me know what you think.
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

Very nice. I'm a Pioneer fan.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Legend

Blog Entries

Love the pic...it looks OEM. Congrats on the upgraded audio and hope you enjoy the new/better sounds!!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Thanks guys. I need to smooth out the trim a little bit more then it'll look perfect. I decided that since I drive almost two hours to get to and from school that I should just upgrade since I've been wanting to for a long time.

Legend

Blog Entries

I agree with you, as I waited awhile before I upgraded my system. It's been such a long time since I had good sounding audio in a vehicle, I had actually forgot how much I appreciate great sounding music while driving. Now, I think of my audio as one of my best truck investments.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Hey are you watching a movie in your truck??? While in Drive? If you need wireing info go to avic411.com
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Hey are you watching a movie in your truck??? While in Drive? If you need wireing info go to avic411.com
    What?! Nobody does that do they?

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Of course not. My truck was in park, under my car port, with the e-brake on, lol. I got wiring down no problem, I re-wired my whole system with bigger gauge wire a while back.