GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default predator u7194 help

I have a 08 5.3 4x4 silverado bone stock. Just bought this tuner and loaded the 87 oct. tune. Didnt really tell any differance in the truck or fuel milage. Looking for someone to help set up a modified tune. Mainly looking for mpg and wanna stick to the 87 oct. fuel. Wouldn't mind **** canning the torque man. and getting alittle more power and getting the tranny to shift faster/firm.

Thanks

Welcome to the club. Go to the modify tune section to make changes. I added 100rpm's to my idle, this helped throttle response, I played with the shift firmness and shift quickness and most important I adjusted the LongTermFuelTrims (injector slope). This really helps the performance, mpg's and throttleresponse. Go to Diablos website and there forum to see how to adjust the fuel trims.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

What silveradotrailblazer said is good info, especially about the fuel trims - they really are important to dial in and will make a big difference. I don't think you will be able to adjust shift timing or firmness because the 07+ trucks use a separate computer for the t transmission that the predator can't program. For torque management, I believe you can disable the engines part in that, but because of the separate transmission computer the transmission will keep it's torque management, which is probably better for your transmission anyway

Other than that, my best advice would be to join the forums on the diablosport website to see what each feature does and then play around with them to figure out what works best for your truck

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

yep, do some data logging man and see where things are at....

there's a sticky on diablo's predator GM gas forum about how to do it, what parameters to select to log, etc....
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake