GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default How do you miss a Red lifted truck?

Today about 15 minutes before I was to get off work someone came in looking for the person who owned the "big 4 wheel drive" in the parking lot. One of my co workers came and got me and said some lady was looking for me. So when I went up to the front of the store she said she backed into my truck in the parking lot.

My first question was "where did you hit my truck?". She said she backed into the front bumper but because my truck is taller she doesn't think it did any damage. So we went out and looked. I looked it over pretty well and the only thing she did was scuff my bumper. She was driving a newer white malibu and it did some pretty good damage to her rear quarter. I thanked her for her honesty, because how many people really try to find the owner of a vehicle they hit when no one sees it.

I told her there wasn't hardly any damage on mine and I was going to leave it up to her on what she wanted to do. So she says she just going to turn it into her insurance company. She kept apologizing and said she needs to pay more attention when she's backing up. I was thinking "really you think so, how the hell did you miss my truck". And I just realized something while typing this, I never did ask the woman if she was alright.
    Amber- Indiana

1995 Chevy 1500 4X4

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

So how bad was it? Post pics.....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

At least she was honest about it, but I agree with you, how would you not see it. People are just getting worse behind the wheel these days!
    Adam

That's what I ask when I'm walking in a straight line and people turn and walk in front of me. >:-<

I've had a truck or something before where you go out and get it washed and all of a sudden you notice a dent or some damage where it was clear that someone had hit you in a parking lot or something. Never could figure out when or where, but someone must have hit it and taken off.

So I give her props for tracking you down ... would like to pics of the damage.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

i didnt take any pictures of her car. i looked it over more today and the only part that actually has damage on mine it te chome on my rubber molding on th bumper. it just bubbled it up
    Amber- Indiana

1995 Chevy 1500 4X4

Blog Entries

that's cool that she stopped, so many people either dont know they hit something or don't care to take responsibility for it.
    Cheri
    Chevy Trailblazer LS 4x4
    Seattle, WA

As mentined above at least she tracked you down. Look at the bright side, theres very little damage.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

thats a shame, but glad there wasn't any damage really. I don't understand how people don't see large trucks, I mean I've almost been broad sided by about 8 people on the highway. Like open your eyes. This is the reason a train horn or other very loud horn is on my short list for to-do's.
    2010 Sierra Nevada Edition
    4.8L Ext. cab - Black Z85 4x4 G80
    Shaved a couple badges and 4x4 stickers, DeeZee Red label Low Pro gloss black Brite plate cross box,DeeZee gloss black Brite plate bed rail caps , K&N,more to come.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Honesty is a rare commodity these days and there are advantages to having a taller vehicle. I was hit from behind on the interstate when traffic backed up and the guy behind me did not react quick enough. He chipped the paint on my Burb's Reese hitch but messed his front end up pretty bad. I am just glad she took the time to tell you even though the woman probably saw there was no damage.

You can post some pictures though.....of yourself LOL.
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.
    Because life is too short to drive a Ford