GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    jacksonville, fl. // st. clairsville, oh.

Question exhaust suggestions

I've been shopping around lately for an exhaust system for my 06 2500HD w/ 8.1L. i found that Gibson has duals thats i want, and for a pretty good price. Anyone have any other suggestions? Sounds the best? Best Quality? What ever?
    - David -

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD / LT / 4x4 / Ext. Cab / Long Bed / 8.1 Liter.

:fighting0037::fighting0072:

- DONT TREAD ON ME -

I have the MBRP cat-back exhaust; decent price, it looks good and sounds great IMO. The tips angle out behind the rear tires though, not sure if you are in to that or prefer the straight out the back look.
    2003 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L Vortec V8
    2" Body Lift
    3" Suspension Lift
    Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shocks
    Skyjacker Steering Stabilizer
    35" Tires with 20" American Racing Rims
    Velocity Cold Air Intake
    Billet Throttle Body Spacer
    BBK Performance Headers
    MBRP Cat-Back Exhaust System
    DiabloSport Predator- Soon to be tuned by Diablew

"Soon to be leveling-kit"

X2 MBRP is a good kit. Exhaust is a personal thing. What sound you like others don't. I also would check out Banks exhaust. I like the Banks sound better than my Magnaflow, and its good quality and fit.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

I bought a 1 chamber muffler off ebay, a piece of pipe to adapt from the 2-3/4 exhaust pipe to the 3in inlet, a piece of 3in pipe with a 90 in it, and two clamps. I turned the pipe to exit just before the rear tire. I love the super aggressive sound, plus it doesn't resonate inside the cab.
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

Any ideas on exhaust for a 2010 Silverado 1500, 4.8L? I have that new engine that goes from a V8 to a 4-cylinder on the highway.
    Garrett L. Baccus II

"I chew consatina wire, piss napalm and can put a bullet up a flies ass 300 yards away."
    "If you can't drive it you don't need to own it."
    "Got Mud, Sand, and Clay? Will play."

Best thing to do is go to youtube or some other video site and type in your truck and exhaust. Listen to the clips and see which exhaust you like the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Any ideas on exhaust for a 2010 Silverado 1500, 4.8L? I have that new engine that goes from a V8 to a 4-cylinder on the highway.
    I've heard that the active fuel management makes the exhaust sound like crap when it goes to 4 cyl. mode, but I can't confirm that from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Mean_Green_95 View Post
    I've heard that the active fuel management makes the exhaust sound like crap when it goes to 4 cyl. mode, but I can't confirm that from experience.
    That is also what I have heard. And I am really not trying to go buy an exhaust system, get on the highway and have it sound like a little rice burner, lol. I called a local shop and was told that there is an exhaust out there for active fuel management engine that sounds good in town but goes back to being quiet on the highway. I might look into that, but any ideas, suggestions and advice is still welcome.

Hey thumper, first things first, not trying to be a know it all but the 4.8L does not go into 4cyl mode, only the 5.3L does. 2nd look up corsa performance, they have a nice sounding exhaust for the price, its stainless, and has no drone on the freeway. I have it on my 5.3L that has active fuel management, and since the exhaust goes quoted at freeway speeds I have never noticed a ricer sound. And keep in mind the cylinders may not be firing but they're still pumping air.

Jr. Apprentice

I have a '11 Silverado LT Texas Edition 5.3L w/AFM. I had the cat-back MagnaFlow 3" Performance Muffler, 2 1/2" tailpipe, and 3 1/2" x 18" stainless tips installed... The sound is great, and I haven't noticed any "rice-burner" sound coming from my exhaust at highway speeds. I had heard this prior to having my system installed, and I am not at all unhappy with the sound I have achieved with the new exhaust. And I can definitely tell a positive performance difference over the stock exhaust. This is my 2 cents, I hope it helps......

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by