GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Transmission "Slap" at low speed acceleration, 2010 Sierra

Well guys, this has been a slight thorn in my foot for a while and just wondering if anyone else has encountered the same thing.
    When I'm crawling along stuck in traffic, or say approaching a stop in traffic on the road and I'm rolling towards it, if the traffic starts moving and I lightly press on the gas, sometimes it pauses and then "slaps" into gear. It doesn't usually do this if I pres the gas a fair amount, but that means I'm going to have to put on the brakes pretty hard in a few seconds as the traffic jams is still there and I just wanted to speed up a little bit to move up.

Anyone else have this happen at all?

Its a 2010 4.8 4X4 ext cab with Z85 and G80
    2010 Sierra Nevada Edition
    4.8L Ext. cab - Black Z85 4x4 G80
    Shaved a couple badges and 4x4 stickers, DeeZee Red label Low Pro gloss black Brite plate cross box,DeeZee gloss black Brite plate bed rail caps , K&N,more to come.

Just wondering, do you have a auto 4spd. or the 6spd.??
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

damn sure its the 4spd, but where in the vin can I find out? It also happens in corners or other situation where you might be coasting for a second then press the gas again, its usually around the 10-20 km/h mark.

Unfortunately I primarily specialize in working with customers in the US. However, I would recommend contacting GM of Canada at 800-263-3777. The hours of operation are M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm, Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST. I hope this helps. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Sr. Engineer

Just a thought, do you have the selectable tow/haul mode on your truck? I have a 2000 yukon that acts somewhat the same under light load light throtle(spelling?) When selected it changes how it decides to shift under different conditions. It has changed the way it behaves for me but not a great deal and I don't do enough in town driving to be bothered with it. Maybe they can offer a program upgrade that would improve the shift characteristics or even an after market programer such as is mentioned in the performance forum.
    2000 GMC YUKON SLT, 5.3L tow pkg, G80 rear/w 3.73 gear

yeah I've been thinking about a programer, they change your shift points and such for different driving styles right? I need one for grid lock traffic forsure. just make it stay in 2nd unless I go below 5.

Is it blue something that does the custom tunes?

Sr. Engineer

I recall that Bear does a realy good job but I have no first hand knowledge.

Hello, my 02 silverado does this same thing once in a while, not sure why but it is annoying!

It happens in my truck as well, I think it's just the way that transmission (4L60E) is. I even had a recent transmission flush and it still sometimes makes the slapping sound.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light